» View Now
The renovated Helen Heineman Ecumenical and Cultural Center at Framingham State University opened on November 15, 2000. The building was originally constructed in 1871 as St. John’s Parish Church, but it had been closed since 1985 due to need for repair. The University acquired the Chapel in 1969.
The restored Center provides the FSU community with a beautiful area for ecumenical activities and for cultural events such as musical recitals and poetry readings. Since its opening, the Helen Heineman Ecumenical and Cultural Center has been the location of former President, Helen Heineman's, traditional Christmas reading of Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol, the Framingham State University Chorus’s holiday concert, and performances of opera scenes.
Click for a larger image