Framingham State University Police Department
McCarthy Center (Access off Church Street)
100 State Street
P.O. Box 9101
Framingham, MA 01701-9101
Campus Police will be in charge of the total emergency response operation, in conjunction with Framingham Police, Framingham Fire, and Emergency Medical Services. They will:
- Coordinate communication and activities of outside agencies.
- Coordinate communication with Local Police, Local Fire, and Local Emergency Medical Service.
- Designate off-site evacuation location, in the event the University population needs to evacuate the grounds.
- Establish a command post.
- Refer all media questions to Public Affairs.
- Coordinate needed assistance from the Facilities Department.
- Coordinate needed assistance from Residence Life.
- Coordinate needed assistance from Health Services Department.
Health Services will be notified immediately when a medical emergency is recognized at the University. They will:
- Triage injured students and staff.
- Carry an emergency bag, cell phone, and personal keys.
- Administer first aid and provide clinical intervention. Coordinate the appropriate medical response until EMS arrives.
- Survey and report damage to the President of the University.
- Control main shut-off for gas, water, and electricity and ascertain that no hazard results from broken gas or water mains or fallen electrical lines.
- Be responsible for the safety factors of the physical building during an emergency.
- Report structural defects to the University President/designee.
Faculty and staff will:
- Acquire emergency aid for students.
- Be responsible for supervision of students in their charge.
- Carry car keys and class list in the event of evacuation.
- Escort students under their direction to designated evacuation areas.