The economy is terrible. We know this and you've heard this endlessly. Don't confuse the bad economy to mean there are no job opportunities. There are. You will have to work that much harder, against much more competition to land your next job.
Job Search Strategy Tips:
- Do your homework. Understand the industry and the careers your considering. Explore Career Leak as well as take some time to explore who you want to become.
- Gain experience in your future career field. Whether you're a first-year student, a senior or a graduate of Framingham State College, you need experience in your field of interest. Do an internship. Volunteer. Be willing to take a lower-level opportunity with future growth potential.
- Use all of your online resources. Take advantage of our very own RAMTrack.
- Network. It's not what you know it's who you know. It's often both and networking is the key. You must be willing to ask for advice and build your network one person at a time.
- Info to Go: Interviewing and Career Search. Read this guide for tips on your career search and the importance of being an excellent interviewer.
- Make your resume perfect. Let us help. Your resume can help you get in the door, if it's well written and targeted.
- Finding employment in a tough economy. The University of South Carolina has created wonderful resources to help you during this difficult economy
- Online resources to enhance your search: