It is our pleasure to announce the new internship initiative at FSU, the Community/Hometown Organizations Internships and Cooperative Education, or "CHOICE," program. Starting this summer, the CHOICE internship program will provide hourly wages to FSU students who accept unpaid internships at approved MetroWest area government, nonprofit, and community organizations. The goals of the CHOICE program are to financially assist these local organizations by providing wages to FSU interns at your location and allow our students an internship opportunity that they might not be able to accept without pay. It benefits the students by providing them with a salary for the vital work they do and is also a direct benefit to Framingham agencies and nonprofits that would otherwise not be able to afford taking on a paid intern. These CHOICE Internships will pay the intern on average $10 an hour and students must earn academic credit, requiring prior faculty approval.
To apply for a CHOICE Internship, click here.
Student Ramtrack login page - to apply for positions above.
In order to meet CHOICE program criteria, students must:Earn academic credit for the semester that they participate, requiring prior faculty approval and faculty internship supervision.
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form and receive Financial Aid approval.
- Be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student and meet the Massachusetts in-state tuition residency requirements.
- Fill out the appropriate Student Contractor payroll paperwork through Human Resources.
- Must have at least a 2.75 cumulative GPA and approved by Faculty Internship Advisor, CHOICE Internship Employer and Internship Coordinator through the Ramtrack internship posting system. It is required to submit a copy of your current degree audit.
- Apply for each CHOICE position through the FSU Career Services online internship listing database Ramtrack system.
To be accepted for participation, Internship Employers must:
1. Be an approved Framingham-based or MetroWest-located academic center or institute, governmental agency, nonprofit business or community organization doing business in a commercially-zoned office space/property.
2. Agree to abide by the intern’s departmental internship guidelines including supervision and evaluation procedures.
3. Provide an internship that is an educational internship experience for the student and that is posted in FSU Ramtrack internship posting system at https://www.myinterfase.com/framingham/employer.
4. Be approved by the student’s Internship Faculty Advisor and FSU Internship Coordinator.
5. Confirm on a bi-weekly basis the intern-submitted actual internship hours worked by the appropriate deadline to the Internship Coordinator.
6. Agree to FSU Employer Internship Requirements as posted on the University’s web site at http://www.framingham.edu/career-services/documents/internshiprequirements.pdf