Mobile devices such as smart phones are one of the fastest growing technology segments. Soon there will be more mobile devices than laptops in the world. There is tremendous need for web based application developments for these devices; the small form factor in the mobile devices poses unique challenges compared to laptops and desktops. With a shortage of well qualified technologists capable of developing mobile applications in the high tech MetroWest area of Massachusetts, this certificate program is designed to help the industry fill these positions. The certificate also offers opportunities for adults to gain knowledge in computing science for their current jobs or to pursue a career change.
Upon completion of the certificate students will be able to:
- Apply their knowledge of how computer systems function in the workplace.
- Apply web technologies to develop applications for mobile devices such as smart phones using operating systems such as Google's Android, Apple's iOS, or Microsoft's Windows Phone operating system.
- Create, set up and use databases.
- Develop programs in HTML, JAVA and other web technologies to develop software.
Sucessful Completion of High School Diploma or GED
There are six (6) required courses in the certificate program. The course, CSCI.120 Introduction to Information Technology, or an equivalent introductory college level computer course, is a prerequisite to enter the program.
1. CSCI.120 Intro to Information Technology
1. CSCI.108 HTML, Java Script Programming and Web Site Development
2. CSCI.140 Introduction to Internet, Graphics and Multimedia
3. CSCI.152 Computer Science I using Java
4. CSCI.360 Database Management
5. CSCI.373 Advanced Web Technologies
6. CSCI.303 Web and Mobile Applications
For further information please contact:
Dr. Suban Krishnamoorthy, Program Coordinator and Advisor, at email@example.com