The John C. Stalker Institute of Food and Nutrition at Framingham State University offers an exceptional leadership opportunity for those working in school nutrition programs in Massachusetts and the USDA's New England Region. The goal of this highly acclaimed five-course undergraduate program is to increase the knowledge and skills of directors and senior management in school nutriton programs.
Professional Standards have been identified in section 306 of the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act. USDA has convened a task force and is working on the release of professional standards. Items addressed in the statue are addressed in the Certificate in Excellence in School Nutrition Program courses.
The fourth class for the Certificate in Excellence in School Nutrition program is currently underway.
- NUTR 616 Nutrition and Child Nutrition Programs
- NUTR 617 Food Service Systems in Child Nutrition Programs
- NUTR 618 Management of Child Nutrition Programs
- NUTR 619 Educational Theory and Applications for School Nutrition Professionals
- NUTR 620 Computer Applications in School Food Services
For more information about this program, please visit the John C. Stalker Institiute of Food and Nutrition web page.
1. Requirements are accurate to date. However, the University reserves the right to change requirements in the future, and will notify applicants should any changes be made.