Blackboard is the Learning Management System used at Framingham State University to complement and supplement our Web-based course offerings. All Web-based and Web-enhanced courses are hosted by Blackboard on a dedicated server. Students who use Blackboard find that it is easy use and easily accessed anywhere, any time there is an Internet connection.
Q. If I experience a problem with Blackboard, how do I get help?
A. Blackboard support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week online or by calling our toll free support line 1-866-361-8970. To access Blackboard support tools, chat with a technician, or report a technical problem, visit our Blackboard Online Resource Center. If you are new to Blackboard or are interested in learning the features of Blackboard, we also invite you to walk through our student tutorial.
Q. Is there TTY Access for Blackboard support?
A. Our Blackboard support TTY (Teletypewriter) Access Number is 703-464-0515.
Q. How do I access my Blackboard class?
A. All Students who registered for courses at Framingham State University are automatically enrolled in their Blackboard course site. A letter is mailed to students with their assigned username and password before the start of the semester. If you are taking an online course, login information is also e-mailed. To become familiar with Blackboard view the student tutorial online.
To Login: Go to http://framingham.blackboard.com
Enter: Assigned Username
Enter: Assigned Password
Q. What do I do if I forget my password?
A. From the login page click "Forgot your password." An e-mail will be sent to you with new password information. Still having problems? Please call our 24/7 Blackboard support line at 1-866-361-8970 for assistance or stop by our office in Hemenway Hall G05 or G09.
Q. My Email changed. How do I update my address in Blackboard?
A. Use the Personal Information in the Tools Box of your Blackboard Home Page to update your email, change your password or set Privacy Options.
Q. What do I do if my course is not listed in Blackboard?
A. If you are taking an online class your welcome email is your confirmation that you are enrolled in the Blackboard course site. If the semester did not start it is most likely that your professor has not made the site available. To confirm your registration you may call our 24/7 Blackboard support line at 1-866-361-8970 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Q. What are the Technology Requirements to use Blackboard?
A. To access Blackboard you will need:
- Access to an Internet-ready computer (PC or Mac) with high-end capacity in terms of speed and RAM. We recommend at least 500-600 MHz and 64 MB RAM. (Mac users will need OSX to user Blackboard's collaboration tools.)
- When working at home a 56K modem provides acceptable Internet access. Cable or DSL will work much faster.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer or Firefox work best with Blackboard. Not all browsers are supported. (Both IE and Firefox may be downloaded for free at http://www.microsoft.com or Firefox at: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/.)
- Students participating in the real time chat feature of Blackboard are required to download a Java Applet the first time they access the Blackboard Virtual Classroom. This application is free and available from within the Blackboard course site.
- For some courses, students will need to install Windows Media Player, to take advantage of online streaming video tutorials and course materials, or download Adobe Acrobat to view readings from the Web. These applications are available for free at the web sites listed below. If additional tools are needed to complete an assignment, instructors will provide the necessary information within their Blackboard course site.
- Windows Media Player
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
Q: How do I disable the WYSIWYG Editor?
A: If you experience a problem with the WYSIWYG text box disable this feature from the Tools box on your Blackboard home page. Select Personal Information > Set Text Box Editor Options. Set the option to Unavailable. Call our toll free support line 1-866-361-8970 for further assistance.
Q: How do I learn more?
A. We invite you to walk through our student tutorial.