Posted April 14, 2014
Part Time Nutrition Consultant with Head Start
The Nutrition Consultant creates snack menus for playgroups and home visits to families as needed. This position may also conduct a six week parenting series on Health eating/budgeting and some shopping tours depending on the outcome of a grant.
Hours vary monthly. Total annual hours can not exceed 250 hours. Up to 20 hours a month is allotted.
- Menu consultation for providers of Family Child Care Homes
- Assisting in planning snacks for playgroups in all communities served
- Nutrition support and education for staff and families
- Individualized nutritional consultations for families, as needed
- Support to ensure compliance with Federal Performance Standards
- Other duties as assigned by the Health Manager or Program Director
The Consultant will provide a certificate of insurance, as well as, a copy of credentials, proof of current CPR/FA certification, and immunity to MMR and chicken pox. Also every 2 years- evidence of physical exam, and TB test. A CORI will be completed every 3 years.
The Consultant will bill on a monthly or bi-weekly basis with a description of services completed, number of hours billed, and total amount due. The consultant will complete any documentation required by the program regarding specific services rendered to each family.
Posted April 12, 2014
Clinical Nutrition Manager - Brockton Hospital, Brockton, MA
Sodexo is seeking a Clinical Nutrition Manager to join their dynamic team at Signature Healthcare Brockton Hospital. This 245 bed community based teaching hospital is located ~25 miles south of Boston. The Clinical Nutrition Manager will manage the clinical nutrition program as well as the patient services program.
Selected candidate will be a Registered Dietitian with a minimum of 3 years acute care clinical experience and at least 2 years lead or management experience.
Sodexo offers reimbursement of Academy dues, registration maintenance and state license fees, CEU allowance, clinical networking and educational meetings. To learn more about Clinical Dietitian careers, visit www.SodexoDietitianJobs.com
For more information and to apply for this job, see the job's web page.
Posted April 12, 2014
Regulatory Label Specialist - Quincy, MA
Daymon Worldwide is a retail branding and sourcing company. They are seeking a Regulatory Label Specialist to work in a corporate environment at Quincy, MA. The Regulatory Label Specialist maintains the regulatory and legal compliance of Ahold Own Brand products with current US product and packaging labeling requirements and Ahold specific program initiatives and standards. This position is primarily responsible for the process of reviewing, providing direction and approving all labels for legal accuracy and overall correctness. This position plays an integral role in ensuring speed to shelf while maintaining product and brand integrity.
- Bachelor of Science in Food Science or Nutrition. Registered Dietitian or Masters preferred.
- Minimum 2+ years experience in a similar regulatory position preferred.
- Knowledge of FDA & USDA regulations.
- Detail oriented, organized and self motivated.
- Proficient in Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Acrobat, Power Point), Google mail.
For more information and to apply, see the job's web page. (Requisition Number 14-0137)
Posted April 11, 2014
Diet Clerk at The Lemuel Shattuck Hospital
The Lemuel Shattuck Hospital is currently hiring a Diet Clerk to help meet client therapeutic needs and provide operational support for the Food and Nutrition Department. The position responsibilities include assisting patients with meal selections appropriate for their nutrition therapy plan of care, liaising between medical and food service staff, supervising of meal assembly, managing nutrition-related software data and a variety quality assurance and office function tasks.
Skill and Availability Requirements: The ideal candidate has basic knowledge of therapeutic diets, can work with minimal supervision while maintaining federal, state and hospital regulations, can interact professionally with a variety of patient populations, is comfortable working with computers, competent in basic math, and capable of effective verbal and written communication. The position schedule includes both week day and weekend hours. The ability to work during semester breaks is essential.
Physical Requirements: Must have eye/hand coordination, finger/fine dexterity and be able to perform repetitive activity; must be able to sit, flex/position/twist, stand, hold, and reach.
Qualifications: High School graduation or equivalent with work-related experience or comparable college courses is required. This position could provide valuable, practical experience to a college student planning a career as a Registered Diet Technician or Registered Dietitian.
To Apply: Interested parties are welcome to inquire via e-mailing Gail Snodgrass, RD, LDN at email@example.com OR by applying in person in the Diet Office located in the Lemual Shattuck Hospital Cafeteria.
Lemuel Shattuck Hospital
170 Morton Street
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
Posted April 8, 2014
Massachusetts State Coordinator Action for Healthy Kids
Action for Healthy Kids fights childhood obesity, undernourishment and physical inactivity by helping schools become healthier places so kids can live healthier lives. We partner with a legion of dedicated volunteers - teachers, students, moms, dads, school wellness experts and more - from within the ranks of our 60,000+ constituency to create healthful school changes.
We are currently seeking an organized, enthusiastic, and motivated professional for the contract deliverable position for the Massachusetts State Coordinator.
Position Purpose: The Massachusetts State Coordinator is responsible for managing Action for Healthy Kids’ efforts in the Massachusetts state area to support funded school wellness initiatives. This position reports to the Regional Field Manager, Northeast and Mid-Atlantic Action for Healthy Kids.
Position Responsibilities: This contracted position will:
- Serve as the local AFHK contact for grant-funded schools in your state as they seek to implement their funded initiatives and complete grant requirements;
- Conduct school outreach to encourage schools within state to apply for AFHK’s School Grants for Healthy Kids program by May 2, 2014;
- Promote AFHK activities through success stories, media and state website;
- Recruit schools and volunteers to participate in the AFHK’s Get in the Action Technology;
- Assist currently funded schools in submitting their final term grant reports.
The ideal candidate will be able to collaborate in a fast-paced team setting and can self-start projects with minimal supervision thanks to exceptional time management and organizational skills. He or she will be a motivated and creative problem solver with strong oral and written communication skills as well as an ability to function well in a remote team environment. Action for Healthy Kids is located in Chicago, Illinois, but the Contractor position will be based in Massachusetts.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (I.e., public health, education, nutrition, health promotion)
- At least 2-5 years of experience in work with schools, program implementation, project management, volunteer leadership, and/or relationship management.
- Experience in school wellness field strongly preferred.
- Experience with grant budget management.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal day-to-day supervision.
- Ability to efficiently prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and manage time.
- Exceptional computer skills including Microsoft Office, with advanced proficiency in Excel.
- Ability to travel in state of Massachusetts.
- Exceptional communications skills - including public speaking experience.
- Articulate, resourceful, imaginative, self-motivated, proactive and able to relate to individuals in a team-like manner.
Compensation Action for Healthy Kids seeks a contractor for this position. Contractors will be paid on a monthly basis. Action for Healthy Kids is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If interested, send cover letter and resume by April 25, 2014 to:
Action for Healthy Kids
Subject Line: Massachusetts State Coordinator
Posted April 2, 2014
Part-time/per diem Dietary Aide, Lowell General Hospital
Cafeteria Aide and Dietary Aide positions are currently available at Lowell General Hospital (Saints/Main campus). These positions are suitable for students. Part-time and per diem positions available.
For more information, see the Lowell General Hospital Careers page, select "Service and Trade" as the Category and search.
Posted March 22, 2014
Spanish Speaking Nutrition Education Series Presenter in Corporate environment in Lawrence
Seeking a Spanish speaking Registered Dietitian to present a 4-week nutrition and health eating series to staff at a corporate client in Lawrence.
The series would be offered as a 30 minute program during 3 separate break times. Each class would be 30 minutes in length and over the 4 weeks cover healthy eating in Spanish. Our plan is to offer it during the 3 lunch times: second shift lunch at 8:30 – 9 p.m. and first shift has two lunches the first one is 12:15 – 12:45 and the second one is 12:45 to 1:15.
If interested contact:
Nikki Tierney, RD, LDN, CPT
Posted March 22, 2014
Registered Dietitian/Nutrition Education Specialist, Springfield, MA
Reliant Medical Group is seeking a per diem Registered Dietitian/Nutrition Education Specialist in Springfield, MA. Responsible for the nutritional care of patients with special focus on geriatric patients and their nutritional needs. Performs age appropriate nutrition assessments, evaluation/education for patient base seeking services.
- Active RD status with the American Dietetic Association
- Current LDN status with MA licensing board
- 1-3 years Geriatric experience
- 3-5 years counseling experience
- Knowledge of multiple disease states including diabetes, cardiac and renal.
- Proven experience in developing and conducting group nutrition education programs.
- Masters degree in nutrition specialty from an accredited college/university preferred.
- Electronic Medical Records experience
If interested please apply through the web site www.reliantmedicalgroup.org/careers
Posted March 21, 2014
Food and Nutrition Services Manager, St. Francis House, Boston
Food and Nutrition Services Manager available at St. Francis House. St. Francis House is looking for an experienced professional to be responsible for the overall planning, coordination, direction and budgetary management of our Food and Nutrition department.
St. Francis House is the largest day shelter in New England. Located in the heart of downtown Boston, we serve over 800 poor and homeless men and women a day, 365 days a year.
Specific responsibilities include overseeing the daily activities for food preparation and dining room activities; thinking creatively about the delivery of food services to our guests; ensuring the development of cost-effective nutritious menus; and developing and presenting health education programs.
Requires a Bachelor's degree or formal training in nutrition, culinary arts, or related field; ServSafe Certification; and three to five years of operations and staff management experience in food service. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Fred Ritzau, HR Director
St. Francis House
39 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02116
Posted March 21, 2014
Clinical Dietitian/Preceptor, West Virginia
West Virginia University Hospitals, Inc. has an excellent opportunity for a full-time Registered Dietitian. The position offers an excellent benefits package. The qualified candidate will be working in a 530 bed Level I Trauma center for adults, Level II Trauma center for pediatrics, teaching hospital and function as a vital member of the healthcare team. They will also be a preceptor for our dietetic internship program. WVU Healthcare currently employs 18 dietitians between inpatient and outpatient areas and we are looking for another dynamic member for our team.
This position will be responsible for providing nutrition support to our Cardiology and CHF units.
Minimum requirements for this position include: Registration through the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, licensure through the state of WV and minimum of 1 year of clinical experience preferably in an acute care hospital. Experience with teaching/mentoring students a plus.
To look at the job description and to apply, go to: www.wvuhealthcare.com. in the search bar choose the "Careers" link then WVU Hospitals. When searching for positions type in Clinical dietitian.
Posted 6 March 2014
Registered Dietitian for a senior living facility in New Jersey
Unidine is a culinary services management company that create authentic food from scratch. They are seeking a Registered Dietitian for a senior living facility in New Jersey.
Description: The Registered Dietitian represents the key contact with guests to assess nutritional and dietary needs, make recommendations, and work collaboratively with client representatives (especially nursing/medical staff), and with our Dining Services Director and Team Members to deliver those guests’ needs to high standards; is the leader in communicating and implementing new clinical systems and programs, both with clients and Dining Services Director, ensuring that all required statutory actions and documentation are consistently delivered; and ensures that nutritional requirements are incorporated into dining services production and operations, and provides overall planning, recommendations, documentation, and control of resident/patient nutritional needs in the facility to within requirements of company standards and policies and statutory requirements.
Essential Functions and Key Tasks
- Evaluates resident nutritional needs and establishes individualized plan of care
- Monitors resident status and takes appropriate actions
- Works collaboratively with dining services department
- Creates and maintains documentation
- Maintains client relationships
- Updates and applies professional knowledge
Sets and communicate objectives, communicate and reinforce high standards in all areas, monitor performance and addresses issues.
- Registered Dietitian (RD) and/or have licensure/certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition/Dietetics, successful completion of Dietetic Internship or equivalent.
- Must have 2+ years of clinical experience in senior living skilled nursing facility, assisted living, rehabilitation, and/or acute care environment.
For more information and to apply, see the job's web page at http://unidine.hodesiq.com/job_detail.asp?JobID=4288828 .
Posted 5 March 2014
Registered Dietitian at Manchester Athletic Club, Manchester, MA
Manchester Athletic Club seeks a passionate, dedicated individual to assume lead position of Registered Dietitian. The dietitian will educate and support individuals to develop balanced and sensible eating habits, promoting a healthy weight and a positive relationship with food.
- Bachelor's of Science Degree, (Master's Degree a plus)
- Hold current credentials/accreditations indicated by Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics. Maintain registration/licensure by completing CPEUs, maintaining portfolio dictated by CDR.
- Experience working in one-on-one, as well as in group settings
- Experience in nutrition assessment, documentation, planning, implementation
- Ability to work closely with all interdisciplinary team members (i.e. General Manager, Fitness Director, Membership Staff, Fitness Staff, Program Consultants, and other Team members)
- Experience with Insurance companies
- Experience with public speaking on the topic of Nutrition, and programs dedicated to Wellness Requirements
Substantial growth opportunity. Flexible work schedule (30+ evenings/weekends a plus).
If interested, provide resume with list of references, prior employment and cover letter to
Nan Gorton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted 4 March 2014
Per Diem Renal Registered Dietitian at St. Vincent's Hospital
Morrison Healthcare is seeking a per diem dietitian to cover 32 hours/week (possibly 2 dietitians at 16 hrs/week) at St. Vincent Hospital Dialysis Unit. This position is to cover a 12 week maternity leave as well as time before for adequate training.
Qualifications: Must have at least one year of clinical experience
- Collect, analyze and interpret monthly lab data for ~90 patients (including hemo and peritoneal dialysis)
- Provide monthly lab report to all patients and provide nutrition education based on monthly labs as needed
- Document monthly note for all patients
- Bone Mineral Management: Dose Vitamin D analog per protocol based on monthly labs
- Adjust/initiate phosphorus binders per protocol
- Participate in Comprehensive Interdisciplinary Assessment (CIA) meetings for ~10 patients/ per month. CIA meetings require a full assessment on patients at 30 days, 90 days, and annually
- Analyze, interpret and present clinic lab results and present in monthly Quality Assurance Performance Improvement (QAPI) meetings
- Communicate with physicians, social workers, RN’s, and dialysis technicians as needed
- Communicate with other dietitians involved in patient care (i.e., rehab, nursing home, Summit eldercare, inpatient RD’s, etc)
If interested contact:
Anita Grinevics, CNM