Prior to entering the CPD, students must complete the following prerequisites:
- Chemistry (2 courses), Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry
- Human Physiology & Anatomy
- General Psychology, Introduction to Sociology, or Cultural Anthropology
- Nutrition Science (introductory course)
- Food, Culture and Society
Anatomy and physiology and biochemistry courses must have been completed within 5 years prior to application with a C- or better grade. You may inquire about challenge exams.
Further didactic requirements include:
- Experimental Study of Food
- Human Nutrition Science
- Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Foodservice Systems
- Foodservice Management
- Community Nutrition
In addition, to the major course requirements, undergraduates must meet the University's General Education Goals. Course descriptions can be found in the FSU Catalog and the Food and Nutrition Major Student Handbook.
Here is a recommended course sequence.
Transfer courses taken prior to entrance to the University are evaluated by the Admissions Office for transfer credit. Transfer students may need three years to complete the B.S. degree and CPD requirements. You may wish to take three laboratory courses in a semester and/or summer coursework to accelerate the completion of program prerequisites.