After acceptance into the program, students are expected to maintain the following standards or be put on probation:
- A FSU quality point average of 2.70 in all courses must be maintained for continuation in the program.
- A minimum C+ grade must be achieved in the following courses:
- NUTR 381 Introduction to Nutrition Practice
- NUTR 384/884 Foodservice Systems
- NUTR 427/827 Nutrition in the School Environment
- NUTR 478 Community Nutrition
- NUTR 483/883 Medical Nutrition Therapy
- NUTR 482/882 Management of Food and Nutrition Services
- NUTR 488/888 Seminar in Clinical Nutrition
- A quality point average (QPA) of B- (2.70) in the above courses must be maintained.
- Senior clinical courses, NUTR 485/885 Practicum in Foodservice Systems and NUTR 489/889 Clinical Experience in Dietetics, require a minimum course grade of B-, which includes all of the following: a minimum B- grade on the Student Performance Evaluation completed by the facility supervisor and an 8 out of 10 score in the category of staff relief responsibilities on the Student Performance Evaluation completed by the facility supervisor. To successfully pass NUTR 486/886 Experience in Community Nutrition and NUTR 487/887 School Nutrition Practicum, the student must earn at a least a B- in the final individual curriculum plan and at least a B- in the Student Performance Evaluation completed by the facility supervisor.
More details are available in the CPD Policy Manual.