If you're passionate about food, health and nutrition, now is the time to pursue your interest at Framingham State University. We offer a variety of undergraduate, graduate and professional development programs to give you the competitive edge in today's health and wellness market place.
At our traditional New England campus, you'll find that excellence goes hand-in-hand with intellectual development and enrichment. We offer a small, close-knit community of faculty and students. By keeping classes small our dedicated faculty members can provide you with individualized advising and career counseling. We attract the highest caliber faculty who offer you a diverse and enriching curriculum. In fact, our Food and Nutrition graduates have a high pass rate on the national Registration Exam for Dietitians.
Learn more about our:
Our Undergraduate, Graduate and Professional Development Programs
With the connection between diet, health and disease expanding, more people are looking for ways to stay healthy. Now is the time to launch your career in food and nutrition at Framingham State University.
Enroll in one of our undergraduate, graduate or professional development programs and you will embark on a course of study that will challenge, excite and change the way you think about the world of food, health and nutrition.
When you graduate, you'll have the tools, knowledge and opportunity to shape the future of wellness and health care delivery systems, the nutrition education process, and the changing food environment.
Undergraduates: If you're just getting started, choose from one of three programs:
- Nutrition and Dietetics Concentration - Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics didactic courses with internship to follow for students interested in becoming a registered dietitian
- Coordinated Program in Dietetics - Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics didactic courses coordinated with supervised practice for students interested in becoming a registered dietitian
- Nutrition and Wellness - Nutrition major for students who do not plan to become a registered dietitian
Graduate Programs: If you've already earned your bachelor's degree and are interested in a master's degree, we offer several options:
- Master of Education: Concentration in Nutrition Education, Nutrition Education Specialist (on-line)
- Master of Education: Concentration in Nutrition Education, School Nutrition Specialist (on-line)
- MS Food and Nutrition, Concentration in Coordinated Program in Dietetics
- MS Food and Nutrition, Concentration in Nutrition Science and Informatics
Professional Development Programs: If you are exploring a new career path or want to meet continuing education requirements, check out our graduate certificate and professional development programs:
- The Online Professional Development Center for Educators offers one-credit courses.
- The Division of Graduate and Continuing Education offers four-credit courses.