The following suggested course sequences may be used as a guideline for discussion with your advisor.
Choose one of the following suggested course sequences for:
- Food and Nutrition Dietetics Concentration (Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Didactic courses with internship to follow)
- Coordinated Program in Dietetics Concentration (Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Didactic courses with supervised experience coordinated with classes)
- Nutrition and Wellness Concentration (Nutrition major for students who do not plan to become a Registered Dietitian)
- General Education Goals 1 and 2 must be taken within the first three semesters.
- Other General Education courses are interchangeable and in some instances, two goals can be met by one course, e.g., overlay. If course selection meets two goals, then a free General Education elective is possible.
- Experience has shown that students who need to work more than 10 hours a week should consider taking fewer than 4 courses/semester.
- Be aware of the following course sequencing:
- General Chemistry → Organic Chemistry → Experimental Study of Food
- Nutrition: Science and Applications → Food, Culture and Society → Experimental Study of Food → Foodservice Systems → Management of Food and Nutrition Services
- Food, Culture and Society → Introduction to Nutrition Practice → Community Nutrition
- Food Culture and Society → Computer Applications in Nutrition