The Master of Education with a concentration in History is banked. Therefore, we are no longer accepting applications from potential students for new admission to this program. The information on this page is for current students only.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis for the fall and spring semester. Completed applications should be on file by July 1 for fall and November 1 for spring. Applications received after this date cannot be guaranteed timely matriculation. The Admissions Committee will begin review of an application only upon receipt of official copies of all required documents.
- Applicants must have a baccalaureate degree earned from a regionally accredited college or university and must submit an official transcript from each college or university attended as an undergraduate or graduate student.
- Applicants must have an overall undergraduate quality point average of at least 2.8 on a 4.0 point scale.
- Applicants must submit official test score reports for the Miller Analogies Test or Graduate Record Examination.
- Applicants must submit a copy of their Massachusetts Initial License in History. This requirement will be waived for persons who are not using this degree in order to obtain teacher licensure in Massachusetts.
- Applicants must provide two letters of recommendation from professors, supervisors, and/or colleagues, submitted on the Framingham State University Letter of Recommendation form and sent directly to the University by the recommender.
- Applicants must submit a typed, 300-word personal statement discussing their motivation for seeking a master’s degree in view of prior formal education, current job responsibilities and career plans.
- Requirements are accurate to date. However, the University reserves the right to change requirements in the future, and will notify applicants should any changes be made.
- Applications remaining incomplete for over one year will be discarded