» Degree Requirements
» Admission Requirements
» Schedule of Courses
» Expected Student Program
» Practicum Experiences
» Graduate Student Handbook
» Writing Guide
» Nursing Site
» Meet Our Faculty
» Transfer Credit
» Financial Aid
» International Students
» Information Sessions
» Refund Policy
Note: Now accepting applications for Fall 2013 in both education track and leadership track.
- Applicants must have a current unrestricted Massachusetts RN license.
- Applicants must have earned a baccalaureate of science in nursing (BSN) degree from a regionally accredited college or university which is nationally accredited by the National League for Nursing (NLNAC) and/or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), and must submit an official transcript from each college or university attended as an undergraduate or graduate student.
- Applicants are required to possess an overall undergraduate quality point average (QPA) of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, and a minimum of a 3.25 QPA in undergraduate nursing courses.
- Applicants who do not meet the above criteria for undergraduate QPA may be asked to take the Miller Analogies Test.
- Applicants must have completed an undergraduate, introductory course in statistics with a minimum grade of C (2.0 on a 4.0 scale).
- Applicants must have a personal interview with the Nursing Chairperson or Graduate Program Coordinator. Once applications are complete, applicants will be contacted for an interview.
- Applicants must provide two letters of recommendation from nurses with an MSN who can attest to the applicants ability to succeed in a master's program. Each letter must be submitted along with the Framingham State University and sent directly to the University by the recommender.
- Applicants must submit a typed, 300-word personal statement discussing their motivation for seeking a master's degree in view of prior formal education, current job responsibilities and career plans.
- Requirements are accurate to date. However, the University reserves the right to change requirements in the future, and will notify applicants should any changes be made.
- Applications remaining incomplete for over one year will be discarded.