The Master of Business Administration (MBA) program with a concentration in Healthcare Management is designed for …
- Mid-level managers and professionals in business and other organizations who aspire to greater leadership and management roles in the healthcare industry,
- Medical professionals who are looking to move to a management role and needing a strategic management skillset,
- Individuals with medical or leadership experience who seek to assist small healthcare service organizations with their business development and growth strategy.
Students learn to link theory with practice, and to understand the multi-disciplinary demands of a business environment that is increasingly global, technology-oriented, and diverse. The MBA in Healthcare Management provides graduates with the following cumulative knowledge, skills and capacities:
- Capacity to lead in organizational situations.
- Capacity to apply knowledge in new and unfamiliar circumstances through a conceptual understanding of relevant disciplines.
- Capacity to adapt and innovate to solve problems, to cope with unforeseen events, and to manage in unpredictable environments.
At the completion of the MBA program with a concentration in Healthcare Management, students are expected to apply their knowledge and understanding of strategy, economics, management science, finance, marketing, information technology and management to identify business problems and opportunities; to analyze and develop solutions; to implement tactical and strategic approaches to overcome problems and realize the opportunities, in the medical field.
Program Coordinator and Advisor: Sharon Wulf, PhD