Applications are accepted on a rolling basis for the fall and spring semester. Completed applications should be on file by July 1 for fall and November 1 for spring. Applications received after this date cannot be guaranteed timely matriculation. The Admissions Committee will begin review of an application only upon receipt of official copies of all required documents.
- Applicants must have earned a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university and must submit an official transcript from each college or university attended as an undergraduate or graduate student.
- Applicants must have an overall undergraduate quality point average (QPA) of at least 2.7 on a 4.0 point scale or a QPA of 2.8 for all courses completed in the last two years of the student’s full-time undergraduate program.
- Applicants must submit official test score reports for the Graduate Record Examination or the Miller Analogies Test.
- Applicants must have a Massachusetts Initial License in Mathematics. This requirement will be waived for persons who are not using this degree in order to obtain teacher licensure in the State of Massachusetts.
- Applicants must provide two letters of recommendation from professors, supervisors, and/or colleagues, submitted on the Framingham State University Letter of Recommendation form and sent directly to the University by the recommender.
- Applicants must submit a typed, 300-word personal statement discussing their motivation for seeking a master’s degree in view of prior formal education, current job responsibilities and career plans.
Students whose academic background does not meet the requirements under item 3 above may still qualify for admission, by making up course deficiencies as part of their graduate program, in addition to the core and concentration courses.
- Requirements are accurate to date. However, the University reserves the right to change requirements in the future, and will notify applicants should any changes be made.
- Applications remaining incomplete for over one year will be discarded.