Upon completion of the program, graduates will be able to:
1. Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of language as a system.
2. Use theories in second language acquisition to differentiate between learning disabilities and language differences.
3. Assess and interpret formal and informal testing results through conducted research.
4. Analyze instructional methods in ESL and Sheltered English Immersion and describe best practices.
5. Interpret the State and Federal laws that govern the education of English language learners and share information with the local community.