My Account, which is located at the library catalog, allows you to monitor the library items you have checked out, to check the status of any items requested through the Minuteman Library Network, or to renew items.
Access to My Account:
Go to the library catalog and click on My Account, located towards the upper right part of the screen.
Enter your 14-digit library barcode number.
Enter your Personal Identification Number (PIN)
- If you do not already have a PIN, enter your library card number and press submit. (Leave the PIN field blank).
- At the next screen re-enter your barcode number and then enter a PIN of 3 to 30 letters and/or numbers. Re-enter the PIN.
- NOTE: If you already have a PIN and have forgotten what it is, contact the Circulation department at 508-626-4650. The PIN in your library record will have to be deleted before a new PIN can be established.
Options in My Account:
Modify your PIN - to change an existing PIN. You will have to enter your current PIN, then enter and re-enter your new PIN.
Modify Personal Information - to change the email address in your library record.
Items Currently Checked Out - lists all the items checked out to your library record and the date they are due. You can renew any items that are allowed to be renewed in this screen.
- Items borrowed at Framingham State University cannot be renewed more than two times
- Items borrowed from outside of the Minuteman network through Interlibrary Loan can only be renewed with the approval of the owning library. Check with the Interlibrary Loan coordinator (508-626-4690) about renewing any Interlibrary Loan items.
Requests/Holds - lists any items requested through the Minuteman catalog and the status of the request. You are able to cancel any requests through this screen. (NOTE: Items requested from outside of the Minuteman network will not be shown here. To check on the status of Interlibrary Loan requests, check with the Interlibrary Loan coordinator (508-626-4690).)
Unpaid Fines and Bills (if applicable) - lists the title and any associated fine.
Preferred Searches - when you are logged into your library account, you can save any of your catalog searches. The searches can later be retrieved and executed. The searches remain until you delete them.
- My Reading History - when you are logged into your library account you can activate My Reading History by clicking the Opt In button. Your reading history will only start once you choose this option. Any prior transactions cannot be retrieved. At any time you can opt out of My Reading History by logging into My Account, going to My Reading History and clicking on the opt out button. Information about My Reading History and privacy issues is found at the Minuteman Library Network site.
Note: When you have finished viewing your account you should always log out by clicking the appropriate button. If using a public or shared computer you should also close the browser to protect your privacy.