The library provides three Sony PRS-600 e-readers for checkout. Please refer to the Sony e-reader guide for information about the e-readers and their resources. You may borrow an e-reader under the following conditions:
- You must be currently enrolled at or affiliated with Framingham State University. You must have a library account at Framingham State and you must present your ID/library card in order to borrow a device.
- The lending period for the e-readers is 2 weeks.
- Renewals are not automatic. Items can only be renewed if no other patron has requested the device. The overdue fine for the late return of an electronic device is $10 per day. If you wish to dispute a fine, you must speak to the Circulation Librarian or Circulation Supervisor.
- The electronic device must be returned in person to the staff at the Circulation desk. Do not put the item in either the external book return or the book drop at the desk.
- All parts of the electronic device must be returned before the item is checked in. Failure to return all parts may result in overdue fines or replacement cost.
- If an electronic device is damaged, lost, or stolen, the patron agrees to pay the replacement cost of the device. (The current replacement cost is $228 for the Sony e-reader and $1987 for the laptop).