Library Tutorials and Research Assistance
The following is the Henry Whittemore Library's Instruction Online. Here you will find lessons, tutorials, handouts, quizzes, and e-resource guides that will help you find information in the library more effectively. These self-paced, instructional resources are designed to assist you in how to better find and utilize information from both online and print sources available in the library and through the library's Web page. The lessons include the most detailed instruction and are the basis of the Tutorial.
The library has created a number of e-Resource Guides with links to useful databases and Internet resources.
Interactive Tutorials Concerning Resources Provided by Whittemore Library
(Please adjust your computer volume accordingly.)
Asking for Help from a Librarian
Keyword Searching the Minuteman Library Network Catalogue
Keyword Searching in the Infotrac Database
Keyword Searching the the EBSCOhost Database
Tutorials on General Research Issues
Lessons - These guides are in-depth examinations of information research, and will hopefully help you get a better understanding of finding and utilizing information.
- Introduction to Library Research
- The Information Search Process
- The Internet
- Evaluating Internet Information
- Finding Images in the Library and on the Web
- Ethical Aspects of Information Research
Tutorials - These are brief self-paced instructional guides that walk you through the more specific aspects of the research process like finding books in the library.
Handouts - The following handouts define terms associated with library research and provide valuable support for information explained in the lessons above.
- Library of Congress Classification System (From the Library of Congress Web Site)
- Library Jargon
- What is a Scholarly Journal?
- Evaluation of Internet Information Resources: A Checklist.
Quizzes - Test your understanding of the information presented in the Lessons and the Tutorials.
- Quiz #1: Introduction to Library Research
- Quiz #2: The Information Search Process
- Quiz #3: The Internet
- Quiz #4: Evaluating Internet Information
- Quiz #5: Finding Images in the Library and on the Web
- Quiz #6: Ethical Aspects of Information Research
LibLearn Handouts - All of the handouts are posted on the library blog.