McCarthy Center 504
Join us for mindful meditation led by Meghan Maxfield.
Wednesday, March 4
G1 Faculty Discussion
Please join us for a GenerationOne faculty and staff discussion on selected readings.
Monday, March 9, 2015
Phenomenal Woman Ceremony
Keynote: Yves Salomon-Fernandez
Diversity Dialogue: Transgender Visibility
Join us for a discussion on Transgender visibility led by Pride Alliance.
Diversity Dialogue: Irish Heritage
Join us for a discussion on Irish Heritage led by Cameron Zamagni, ‘16 and Professor Nial Stephens
Committee for Diversity and Inclusion General Meeting
Miss Representation Film Screening and Discussion
Miss Representation is a 2011 American documentary film written, directed, and produced by Jennifer Siebel Newsom. It explores how mainstream media contribute to the under-representation of women in influential positions by circulating limited and often disparaging portrayals of women. Free pizza!
The mentoring program empowers middle and early high school students of Pelham Apartments Our House Recreation Center to maximize their academic potential. Framingham State University student mentors act as academic role models who support and encourage their mentees to strive for academic and personal success. The main focus of this program is to encourage the Pelham students to reach their potential and recognize higher education as a possibility for their futures.
Framingham State students will be matched with a small group of students visiting from Our House Recreation Center for weekly one-hour mentoring sessions. All of the students are residents of the Pelham Apartments, a public housing complex in Framingham. These students have multiple challenges both in and out of the school environment for a host of reasons. This partnership ensures the students are able to access homework help and are exposed to positive role models through one-on-one mentoring. Mentors will assist mentees on issues related to their individual academic needs and goals.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Desire to serve as an academic role model to younger students
- General understanding of the Pelham population and genuine interest in working with students
- Provide general academic support and positive strategies for academic success
- Assist students with understanding homework assignments
- Encourage the students to overcome academic challenges
- Act as a positive role model
- Demonstrate an understanding of diverse populations
- Will attend each weekly hour long sessions on specified dates
Emily Abel: email@example.com
Kathy Martinez: firstname.lastname@example.org