Undergraduate Student Handbook
XXII. Appropriate Classroom Behavior Policy
The faculty of the Nursing Department defines appropriate classroom behavior as:
- Being punctual; coming to class on time.
- Being attentive.
- No personal conversations during lecture and/or class discussions.
- Using computers for academic, course-related purposes only; no Instant Messaging (IM) or Web surfing in class.
- Being courteous and respectful to faculty and colleagues; no interrupting.
- Active participation in class discussions.
- Being prepared for class.
- Giving faculty prior notice for absences by e-mail or voice mail.
- Wearing appropriate dress in class when guests are present and/or making oral presentations, and in off-campus practice learning experiences.