Online Student Orientations are held at the start of each semester, usually the week before online classes begin. During the session students are introduced to the Blackboard learning platform, college resources, and provided with strategies for success.
Sessions scheduled during the 2013-14 Academic Year:
- Fall Semester - Wednesday, August 28, 2013
- Spring Semester - Wednesday, January 15, 2014
- Summer Semester (TBD)
Invitations to the orientation will be sent out a number of times to all registered online students a few weeks prior to the beginning of the semester. If you have additional questions, contact Education Technology Office (ETO) at 508-626-4927 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who Should Attend?
- Students who are taking their first online class.
- Students who have taken online classes but wish to be better prepared.
- Students who need someone to answer questions about Blackboard and other resources.
- Students who wish to learn more about taking online classes.
What will I learn?
The 1.5 hour presentation will help you become familiar with the tools and resources available to you as an online student. Topics covered include:
- How to be a successful online student
- How to get started using Blackboard
- How to access available academic and technology resources
We look forward to meeting you at the orientation and welcome you to our online community.
Robin S. Robinson
Director of Education Technology and Interactive Media
Click here to view directions to campus.