Psi Chi is the National Honor Society in Psychology, involving more than 890 college and university chapters. The Society has two primary goals. The first is to provide academic recognition to its inductees through membership. Psi Chi is a member of the Association of College Honor Societies and is an affiliate of the American Psychological Association and the American Psychological Society. The second goal is to nurture and stimulate excellence in scholarship and professional growth. The national organization provides programs to help achieve these goals, including annual conventions, research award competitions, certificate recognition programs, national and regional chapter awards, and national service projects. The Psi Chi Journal of Undergraduate Research is also dedicated to the publication of student research and is published quarterly.
For more information, visit the national Psi Chi web page: www.psichi.org.
You may also contact Dr. Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org
The FSU Psychology Department established a Psi Chapter in the Spring of 2006. We encourage undergraduate and graduate students to apply. Eligibility requirements are listed below. The deadline to apply is September 30 (for the fall term) and February 15 (for the spring term). For more information, contact the FSU Chapter at email@example.com.
Undergraduate Student Eligibility Requirements
- Declared Psychology Major at Framingham State University (FSU)
- Completion of at least 3 semesters of college coursework
- Completion of at least 3 Psychology courses at FSU & at least a 3.25 average in all FSU Psychology courses
- At least a 3.25 cumulative QPA in all FSU courses
Graduate Student Eligibility Requirements
- Must be a matriculated student in the Framingham State University (FSU) Counseling Psychology program (i.e., accepted fully in the program and currently enrolled in courses)
- Completion of at least 3 graduate-level Counseling Psychology courses at FSU
- At least a 3.25 cumulative QPA in all graduate courses completed at FSU
Alumni Eligibility Requirements (for retroactive membership*)
- Graduated from FSU before January 2006*
- Graduated with all of the criteria listed above for undergraduate or graduate students.
* The FSU Psi Chi Chapter was established in April 2006. Per the national Psi Chi guidelines, only alumni who graduated before a chapter is established can apply for retroactive membership.