In-Person Student Inquiries/Transactions will take place at the Student Services Center (SSC) located in the D. Justin McCarthy Campus Center, Rm 515.
Mon and Tue - 8:30am to 6:30pm
Wed - Fri - 8:30am to 5:00pm
Holiday Hours in effect beginning Dec 25, 2014 thru January 1, 2015:
- Closed -
Framingham State University
Office of the University Registrar
Dwight Hall 220
100 State Street, PO Box 9101
Framingham MA 01701-9101
The Categorical Tuition Waivers are a component of the Single Tuition Waiver Program and have the same purpose of maintaining access to the Commonwealth's public universities and colleges. The Categorical Tuition Waivers are designed to provide financial support to individuals who might not have the opportunity to achieve higher education, without such assistance.
Who Is Eligible?
To be eligible for a Categorical Tuition Waiver, a student must:
- Be a permanent legal resident of Massachusetts for at least one year prior to the opening of the academic year.
- Be a United States citizen or eligible noncitizen.
- Be in compliance with applicable Selective Service Registration laws.
- Not be in default of any federal or state loan or owe a refund on any previously received financial aid.
- A member of an eligible category as defined below:
- Veteran: As provided in M.G.L. Chapter 4, Section 7(43) including: Spanish War, World War I, World War II, Korean, Vietnam, Lebanese peace keeping force, Grenada rescue mission, the Panamanian intervention force, or the Persian Gulf.
For purposes of tuition waivers, the term "veteran" shall also include any individual who served in the army, navy, marine corps, coast guard, or air force of the United States for not less than ninety days at least one of which was served in the theatre of operation for the Somalian mission known as "Operation Restore Hope" and whose last discharge or release was under honorable conditions.
- Native American: As certified by the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
- Senior Citizen: Persons over the age of 60.
- Armed Forces: An active member of the Armed Forces (Army, Navy, Marine, Air Force or Coast Guard) stationed and residing in Massachusetts.
- Clients of the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission or Commission for the Blind: As certified by the respective commission.
If it deems necessary, the institution, consistent with its mission and subject to the Department of Higher Education's approval as of September 1, 1991, may establish additional waivers for specific categories of students.
- In accordance with institutional requirements, each student must present documentation of categorical waiver eligibility to the appropriate college officials.
- Enroll in at least three undergraduate credits per semester in State supported undergraduate degree program.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress in accordance with federal and institutional standards.
An institution within the system of public institutions of higher education Section 5 of Chapter 15A of the General Laws.
Individual student awards for an award period may not exceed the actual campus tuition charges for the award period.
If the student is the recipient of need-based student financial aid resources and categorical tuition waiver awards, the combination of resources in the student's financial aid package may not exceed the student's demonstrated financial aid need.
If the student is the recipient of both a need based tuition waiver and a categorical waiver, the total value of both waivers may not exceed the total cost of tuition.
Students qualifying for a Categorical Tuition Waiver may be granted full tuition waivers consistent with the institution's policies.
Campus fees are not included in the waivers. Institutions may, but are not required to, waive specific fees for participants in various categorical waivers. If fees are waived, the campus should publicized the fees waived.
How Do I Apply?
Contact the financial aid office at the institution you are attending or plan to attend for application requirements or deadlines. You can also call the Massachusetts Office of Student Financial Assistance at 617-727-9420 to obtain more information.