In-Person Student Inquiries/Transactions will take place at the Student Services Center (SSC) located in the D. Justin McCarthy Campus Center, Rm 515.
Mon and Tue - 8:30am to 6:30pm
Wed - Fri - 8:30am to 5:00pm
Holiday Hours in effect beginning Dec 25, 2014 thru January 1, 2015:
- Closed -
Framingham State University
Office of the University Registrar
Dwight Hall 220
100 State Street, PO Box 9101
Framingham MA 01701-9101
The Course Add/Drop period for the Day Division is the first six (6) class meetings days of the semester. Refer to the Academic Calendar for the exact dates.
1. Students may add or drop a semester course (or change sections of a course) without penalty if they do so before the end of the sixth academic day (see semester calendar).
2. Students may add or drop a quarter course (or change sections of a course) without penalty if they do so before the end of the third academic day (see semester calendar).
In the event that students add or drop any course or change a section of a course, they must make the changes via myFramingham during the Course Add/Drop Period at the beginning of the semester.
Students are no longer required to obtain the signature of the instructor in order to add or drop a course. All schedule changes are to be made via myFramingham.
Note: Non-attendance does not constitute being "dropped" from a course. Also, attending a course without having been officially "added" to the course does not constitute enrollment in the course.
Course Withdrawal Forms are available from the Office of the University Registrar, Dwight Hall, Room 220.
1. Students have six (6) academic days (Course Add/Drop period) to withdraw from a course with no academic penalty and no notation on their records. Students who withdraw between the third and ninth week of a regular semester (or for a quarter course, no later than the end of the fourth full week of the quarter) will incur no academic penalty as far as the grade point average is concerned, but will have a notation of "W" on their permanent records. See Academic Calendar for exact dates. No student may withdraw from a course during a regular semester after the ninth week unless there are extraordinary circumstances (such as documented hospitalization or sickness). In such cases, with the concurrence of both the Dean of Undergraduate Education or designee and the course instructor, a "W" grade may be authorized.
2. Students wishing to withdraw from a course must either:
A. Submit a completed Course Add/Drop form to the Office of the University Registrar (DH220) before the end of the Course Add/ Drop period (see semester calendar).
B. Submit a completed Course Withdrawal form to the Office of the University Registrar (DH220) no later than the designated Course Withdrawal period deadline (see semester calendar).
3. Students are not officially withdrawn from courses until the appropriate form(s) have been completed and have been validated by the Office of the University Registrar (DH220). Note: Non-attendance does not constitute a withdrawal.