In-Person Student Inquiries/Transactions will take place at the Student Services Center (SSC) located in the D. Justin McCarthy Campus Center, Rm 515.
Mon and Tue - 8:30am to 6:30pm
Wed - Fri - 8:30am to 5:00pm
Holiday Hours in effect beginning Dec 25, 2014 thru January 1, 2015:
- Closed -
Framingham State University
Office of the University Registrar
Dwight Hall 220
100 State Street, PO Box 9101
Framingham MA 01701-9101
- Enroll in an eligible degree program at Framingham State University; and
- Have obtained a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average; and
- Meet other eligibility criteria as established by Framingham State University (see course description for INTD 495 Internship in Washington D.C. (3 Course-Credits)) and the Washington Center.
- Be a permanent legal resident of Massachusetts.
- Be a United States citizen or eligible noncitizen.
- Be in compliance with Selective Service Registration requirements.
- Not be in default of any federal or state loan or owe a refund on any previously received financial aid.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress in accordance with institutional and federal standards.
- Not have received a prior bachelors degree or its equivalent.
A waiver of tuition by the Board of Higher Education, a waiver of regular mandatory fees by Framingham State University, and a housing scholarship of $2,000 provided by the Washington Center.
Contact the either the Office of Career Placement or Office of the University Registrar for application requirements or deadlines. Application for Semester Internship in Washington, D.C. must be submitted no later than the last day of the Course Add/Drop period for the semester the experience will occur. Please check the Washington Center for any deadlines they may have.
Students interested in enrolling in INTD 494 Washington Center Course while participating in INTD 495 may request to do so by using the Independent Study form.
You can also contact the Massachusetts Office of Student Financial Assistance at 617-727-9420 to obtain more information.
INTD 494 Washington Center Course (Independent Study)
An opportunity for a student to select a special topic course offered and taught by the Washington Center. Prior approval of the topic from the student’s major department chair is required. The student supplements the in-person classes through readings, lectures, guest speakers, and site visits. Additional assignments over and above the Washington Center requirements are required by the student’s major department chair.
Prerequisites: Approved enrollment in INTD 495 Internship in Washington and permission of major department chair.
INTD 495 Semester Internship in Washington D.C. (Three Course Credits)
An internship program in Washington D.C. The work placements integrate practical knowledge with theory. Tailored learning experiences sponsored by the Washington Center are specific to students’ unique talents, career objectives and major, and are selected in consultation with department supervisor. Course requirements are determined by the major department chair.
Prerequisites: 2.50 GPA, permission of major department chair, and Junior standing.