Framingham State University
Request More Information
Apply Now
Contact Information

In-Person Student Inquiries/Transactions will take place at the Student Services Center (SSC) located in the D. Justin McCarthy Campus Center, Rm 515.
Mon and Tue - 8:30am to 6:30pm
Wed - Fri - 8:30am to 5:00pm

Holiday Hours in effect beginning Dec 25, 2014 thru January 1, 2015:
 - Closed -

Phone: 508-626-4545
Fax: 508-626-4589
E-mail: registrarsoffice

Follow @FSU_Registrar Twitter link

Mailing Address:
Framingham State University
Office of the University Registrar
Dwight Hall 220
100 State Street, PO Box 9101
Framingham MA 01701-9101

Individuals who are age 60 or older and interested in enrolling in a course or courses at Framingham State University through the Day Division may do so by requesting "Senior Citizen" status. A Senior Citizen may take a course for Audit or for Grade (credit).

As a Senior Citizen student:
You have the opportunity to enroll in courses on a space available basis by completing the Certificate of Tuition Waiver/Senior Citizen Course Enrollment Request form before the start of each semester or during the Course Add/Drop period occurring the first six (6) class days of each semester. Senior Citizen Enrollment Request is a Day Division procedure. Another registration option is to take courses through the Division of Graduate & Continuing Education (McCarthy Center Room 515).

The following directions explain the required forms (All of the forms must be completed to obtain Senior Citizen Status):

If enrolling in 3 courses:

Health Insurance Waiver Form (Due in the Student Accounts Office)
Medical/Immunization History Form (Due in the Office of Health Services)

1. Senior Citizen Course Enrollment Request Form (green):

This form requires biographical information and the number of courses you are interested in taking. The form must be completed by you and signed by the Registrar (or designee). During the following business day, a Framingham State University ID# will be created for you and listed on the form if you do not have an ID # already. You may request a photocopy of the finalized request form from the Office of the Registrar for the purpose of obtaining a College ID and a Commuter Parking Sticker.

2. Certificate of Tuition Waiver Form (green):

This form is to be completed each semester for the purpose of maintaining "Senior Citizen" status (more specifically to receive approval to audit courses in accordance with the Board of Higher Education Tuition Guidelines - A required Audit fee of $130.00 per course). Proof of age is required. A photocopy of a valid driver’s license or a birth certificate is acceptable.

3. Proof of Residency Form (gray):

This form is for the purpose of determining eligibility for in-state tuition rates.  The Tuition Residency Form must be completed and submitted to the Office of the Registrar before paying for the course(s).  This form no longer requires notarization.

4. Course Audit form:

If you have not submitted your request for courses prior to the first day of classes, you must complete a Course Audit form during the Course Add/Drop period. The Course Audit form must be filled out by you and signed by the instructor(s) of the course(s) you wish to take. When you are filling out the form, please list your social security number in the box identified as "student ID". In the other boxes provided, clearly print your name (Last, First, Middle Initial), print "NON" as the major, and "Fall" & the year or "Spring" & the year for the semester. On the right half of the form marked "PERMISSION TO AUDIT A COURSE," you will need to print the course number, the course section, and the course title for the course you are intending to add. Note: All courses have a section letter. If you do not include the section letter, the form will not be processed by the Office of the Registrar. On the blank line above the words "PROFESSOR’S SIGNATURE" is the area that the course instructor will need to sign if she or he is allowing you into the course.

Look through the Day Division’s current semester's Master Schedule of Courses along with the Course Change Sheet (pink) for the courses being offered. Although you may think that a course is CLOSED, it is up to the discretion of the instructor as to whether there are seats available in the course. Be advised students are adding and/or dropping courses, which may result in seats becoming available. Again, it is completely up to the instructor of the course whether or not you can Add into a course.

Inside the cover of the Day Division’s Master Schedule of Courses is a list of faculty office locations. A map of the College campus is provided in the back of the booklet. Please note that some of the courses listed in the booklet have several meeting times for an individual section. This means that the course section really meets at all of the times listed but the location may differ.

Completed Course Audit Forms must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar (Dwight Hall 220) before you may be considered as enrolled in the course(s).

5. Paying Fees for the Course(s) if taking the course(s) for credit (NOT audit):

If you are requesting to enroll into a course or courses for "Grade" (credit) or for "Audit" (no credit), you will be required to pay the various fees the College charges per course. First, make sure you have the Senior Citizen Course Enrollment Request form signed by the Registrar (or designee) and the Proof of Residency form completed and submitted to the Office of the Registrar.

Next, you will need to go to the Student Accounts Office located in Dwight Hall, Room 104, to pay the fees for the course(s). They will stamp the blue application form "Paid in Full." (Senior citizens may take a course for Audit at $130.00 per course but must provide photo identification with date of birth to be photocopied.) The Student Accounts Office will retain the Senior Citizen Course Enrollment Request form. You may request a photocopy of the application form, with a College ID# assigned to you, the following business day from the Office of the Registrar.

6. The Timeline:

The above process must take place during the Course Add/Drop period, the first six (6) class days of the semester. For you to be considered enrolled as a "Senior Citizen," all of the paperwork must be received in the Office of the Registrar along with payment submitted to the Student Accounts Office, no later than the last day of the Course Add/Drop period (See Academic Calendar for exact date). THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS.

Please note that if you are enrolling in three (3) courses (full-time status) you will be required to complete:

A. Health Insurance Waiver Form (available in the Office of the Registrar)
B. Medical/Immunization History Form (available in the Office of the Registrar)

See Campus Police (located in the McCarthy Center) for information regarding availability of parking stickers.  Remember to ask for a map that illustrates student-designated parking lots. If you park in an unauthorized space, you will likely be ticketed and/or towed.

Photo ID's may be obtained at the ID Office (McCarthy Center). After you have completed the Senior Citizen Course Enrollment process and have been assigned a Framingham State University student ID#, you will need to request a copy of the Senior Citizen Course Enrollment Request Form to bring with you to the ID Office.

Framingham State University

100 State Street

PO Box 9101

Framingham, MA 01701-9101


Phone: 508-620-1220