Framingham State University
Request More Information
Apply Now
Contact Information

In-Person Student Inquiries/Transactions will take place at the Student Services Center (SSC) located in the D. Justin McCarthy Center, Rm 515.
Mon thru Thu - 8:30am to 6:30pm
Fri - 8:30am to 5:00pm

Summer Hours in effect beginning May 19, 2014 thru August 29, 2014:
Mon thru Thu - 8:00am to 6:00pm
Fri - 8:00am to 4:00pm

Phone: 508-626-4545
Fax: 508-626-4589
E-mail: registrarsoffice

Mailing Address:
Framingham State University
Office of the University Registrar
Dwight Hall 220
100 State Street, PO Box 9101
Framingham MA 01701-9101

Framingham State University is approved by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts for veterans' benefits, and for the education of veterans, war orphans, and the dependents of 100% disabled veterans. Eligible veterans other than Chapter 34 have 10 years from the date of separation from active duty to use their educational benefits. Chapter 34 veteran (old G.I.) benefits expired January 1, 1990. When filing for benefits, eligible veterans should submit a copy of their separation from service (DD214).

The University seeks to provide assistance in obtaining benefits, financial aid and other services for full and part-time students. Filing the benefits and certification of enrollment must be done through the Office of the Registrar, Dwight 220 (Day Division) or the Office of Continuing Education, McCarthy Center Room 515 (Graduate and Continuing Education Division). Both offices also provide information regarding VA requirements.

Notarized copies of form DD2384 are acceptable for submission to the V.A. All other copies, such as birth certificates, marriage certificates, etc. must be notarized originals.

Framingham State University offers Categorical Tuition Waivers for Massachusetts residents so defined as "veterans" according to Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 4, s.7, and includes the following categories:

  • Spanish War veteran
  • World War I veteran
  • World War II veteran
  • Korean veteran
  • Vietnam veteran
  • Lebanese peace-keeping force  veteran
  • Grenada rescue mission veteran
  • Panamanian intervention force veteran
  • Persian Gulf veteran
  • WAAC
  • Armed forces

Specific definitions of "veteran" in each category can be obtained from the Office of the Registrar. Those who are eligible must complete and submit a Certificate of Tuition Waiver Form, along with a copy of their separation from service (DD214) and proof of Massachusetts residency, prior to the billing deadline. Certificates must be submitted prior to billing each semester. Veterans whose certificates are not on file prior to receiving bills must pay tuition. A refund will be processed upon receipt and approval of the certificate.

Attention Massachusetts National Guard! If you are active National Guard visit our National Guard page for information regarding benefits.

VALOR Act Academic Credit Evaluation Policy
As per the Valor Act of 2012 (Massachusetts), undergraduate admissions applicants may submit their military transcript via the American Council on Education (ACE) for consideration of academic credit in accordance with University's policy with transfer credit. Framingham State will also review for consideration of academic credit the DANTES DSST exams. This information needs to be provided during the application process to the University. Questions regarding the possible transferability of military credits should be directed to the Office of the University Registrar by email (registrarsoffice@framingham .edu) or by phone (508-626-4545).

For additional information on Veterans Services please visit the United States Department of Veterans Affairs or the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Veterans' Guide to Benefits.

Framingham State University

100 State Street

PO Box 9101

Framingham, MA 01701-9101


Phone: 508-620-1220