Framingham State University
Request More Information
Apply Now
Contact Information

In-Person Student Inquiries/Transactions will take place at the Student Services Center (SSC) located in the D. Justin McCarthy Campus Center, Rm 515.
Mon and Tue - 8:30am to 6:30pm
Wed - Fri - 8:30am to 5:00pm

Holiday Hours in effect beginning Dec 25, 2014 thru January 1, 2015:
 - Closed -

Phone: 508-626-4545
Fax: 508-626-4589
E-mail: registrarsoffice

Follow @FSU_Registrar Twitter link

Mailing Address:
Framingham State University
Office of the University Registrar
Dwight Hall 220
100 State Street, PO Box 9101
Framingham MA 01701-9101

There is a “W” on my transcript and what does it mean?
A "W" grade means that you withdrew from a course.  A "W" grade does not affect your GPA.
Please note that "W"s may affect future semesters with regard to financial aid eligibility or participation in NCAA sports.

If I retake a class in which I received a “W” and earn a letter grade, will the “W” be removed?
The "W" will not be removed.

Can I repeat any course in which I received a grade?
Current policy at the University allows undergraduates to repeat only courses in which a student receives a grade of “C-” (1.70) or lower. All grades, including those earned in repeated courses, will remain on the academic transcript. Students must bear in mind that the same course has to be repeated and that only the most recent grade, whether higher or lower than the original grade earned, will be the grade calculated in the Grade Point Average (GPA). Courses in which “F” grades have been received must be repeated successfully before the student may take advanced work except when departmental policy permits otherwise. Only grades in Framingham State University courses can be used to recalculate the GPA when repeating courses and students are reminded that only Framingham State University grades are used in determining the GPA.

I have a question about the status of a grade change.
Please check with your instructor and your online transcript at myFramingham. If your instructor has informed you that the grade has been changed and you do not see the change reflected on your online transcript, please call the Office of the University Registrar at 508-626-4545.

How can I have an Incomplete changed to a letter grade?
After completing your course work your professor will submit a grade change.

Does the University mail grades?
No. You can view your grades on myFramingham as soon as they are posted.

How do I appeal a final grade?
Please review the Grade Appeal Policy as found in the current Catalog.

Framingham State University

100 State Street

PO Box 9101

Framingham, MA 01701-9101


Phone: 508-620-1220