- The World Languages Department is organizing a trip to Cuzco, Peru, in May of 2014. It is part of the course, Contemporary Trends in Latin America, and the students will be doing 80 hours of volunteer work at a local public school and orphanage.
- April 24: National Honor Society Reception, Archives Room, Whittemore Library, FSU.
- Latinos in Action is traveling to NYC on March 30, 2014, to see a play in Spanish, En el tiempo de las mariposas, based on Julia Alvarez's novel about the Dominican Dictatorship.
- On March 8, 2014, Dr. Stadtler-Chester presented a talk, Classroom Activities, at the First Annual Workshop of the New England Chinese Teachers Association, in Newton. She deomnstrated various interesting games that can enhance language learning in the classroom.
- The Chinese Studies Program participated in the following events in 2013:
- 2013/9/19: Chinese Mid-Autumn Festival Celebration at FSU
- 2013/9/25: The Elementary Chinese classes visited Yin Yu Tang, a Qing dynasty Chinese house, in Peabody Essex Museum (Salem, MA).
- 2013/9/29: Major/Minor Fair (flyer below)
- 2013/10/16: The Chinese classes had a historical tour in China Town (Boston, MA).