Office of Grants and Sponsored Programs
Framingham State University
100 State Street
PO Box 9101
Framingham, MA 01701-9101
Fringe Benefit Rates
The fringe benefits rate for administration and staff (full-time and part-time) and faculty (full-time) is 35.48 percent for FY20.
Indirect Cost Rate
The institutional rate is 10 percent on total direct cost.
DUNS Number: 948845193
IRS Employer Identification Number/TIN: 04-3154529
Central Contractor Registration: Approved
Frequently Asked Questions
Below is a list of some of the most frequently asked questions during the grant application process. If you have any questions that are not answered below, please contact the OGSP.
What resources are available to me?
- The Office of Grants and Sponsored Programs homepage serves as a good starting point for prospective grant applicants. It includes links to other sections of the Web site that help with the grant writing process. We ask that anyone considering grant funding for their project contact the OGSP for additional guidance.
Do I need to check with anyone before submitting my application at the Office of Grants and Sponsored Programs?
- Yes. Your department chair, director, or administrative supervisor must be aware of your plans to pursue external funding and must approve of the activities that the funding will support.
What is research?
- Research is defined by the Grants.gov portal as, "A systematic study directed toward fuller scientific knowledge or understanding of the subject studied." The term also includes, "Activities involving the training of individuals in research techniques where such activities utilize the same facilities as other research and development activities and where such activities are not included in the instruction function."
What is a grant?
- Grants are defined by Grants.gov as, "One of many different forms of Federal financial assistance," that "funds your ideas and projects to provide public services and stimulate the economy."
What is a sponsored program?
- A sponsored program is an activity or project that is externally supported and that requires expenditure of funds. The funding agency should receive a written report about the allocated funds. Otherwise, FSU is obligated to return any financial support if the project objectives are not fulfilled.
What should I do if I've prepared my program or project for external support?
- Once your program or project is ready for support, contact the OGSP and we can search for potential grant funders. If you have some grant funders in mind, we can help you to reach out to them and to begin drafting the grant application.