Weekly Testing Update – January 28, 2021
Dear FSU Community,
The University completed two days of onboarding testing on Sunday, January 24th and Monday, January 25th. A total of 830 tests were administered, resulting in three positives. Contact tracing of close contacts began immediately. All of our latest data is now viewable on our COVID19 Dashboard.
We need testing compliance among all of our students this semester, including stronger compliance among our commuter students. Regular testing is one of the best tools we have to prevent outbreaks of COVID19 on campus. It’s just as important as following safety measures. Any student who missed the onboarding testing should plan to test next week to satisfy this requirement.
In order to accommodate everyone, we have added a weekly testing day:
- Starting Monday, Feb. 1st, Weekly Testing will be held on Mondays from Noon to 4 p.m. and Tuesdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- All resident students must test every week.
- Commuter students with classes on campus are also be expected to test more regularly this semester.
- Commuter students with 2 or more classes on campus test weekly.
- Commuter students with 1 class on campus test every-other week based on last name.
- A-K will begin the week of February 1st
- L-Z will begin the week of February 8th.
You should schedule your appointment using through Medicat. If you are unable to make either of the two weekly testing dates due to your schedule, you should contact the Health Center (508-626-4900) so we can find an alternative way to accommodate you.
As always, keep wearing your masks, practicing good hygiene and social distancing, and avoiding large gatherings. Monitor your health daily, and if you are showing any symptoms, no matter how mild, you should contact the Health Center.
Stay safe and welcome back.