Irish Studies Minor
To earn an Irish Studies minor, students must apply in writing to the Chair of the English Department. Only one (1) course may be taken within the student’s major subject area. Courses in the minor may also be used to fulfill general education requirements.
The minor requires five (5) elective courses from the following list, including up to three courses in Irish studies taken abroad at the University of Ulster, subject to approval by the Chair of the English Department. To complete the course residency requirement for a minor, a minimum of three (3) course-credits (12 semester hours) in the minor must be taken at Framingham State University. Exception to this University requirement will be made in conjunction with the Chair of the English Department.
The minor requires five (5) courses as follows:
- ENGL 232 Irish Literature
- ENGL 389 Modern and Contemporary British and Irish Poetry
- ENGL 381 Contemporary Irish Literature
- GEOG 258 Geography of the British Isles
- HSTE 367 Faith and Reason in Medieval Europe
- HSTE 378 Modern Britain
- IRST 290 Special Topics in Irish Studies