New policy regarding the placement exam Fall 2020 and new norms for the waiver for native speakers- Fall 2019
- International Students are automatically waived Domain IC if your academic language was other than English.
- Starting Fall 19 native speakers/heritage students: get a waiver for DOMAIN IC after completing a short translation paragraph in their native language. This exam will be offered twice each semester. They need to register for the exam with Dr. Joanne Britland: firstname.lastname@example.org
All other students must take the placement exam. Including transfer students.
The World Languages Department do not offer waivers for students with 4 consecutive years of the same language in HS. Even AP Spanish students must take the placement exam.
If they get a:
0-1 in the Avant Placement test must take SPAN 101
- 2 in the Avant Placement test must take SPAN 102
3 in the Avant Placement students get a waiver for Domain IC. Students with this waiver must complete another requirement within Domain I that may be chosen from subdomains A, B, or C.
- 3 If they choose to take a language they must take SPAN 201.
- 4 in the Avant Placement test must take SPAN 202 if choosing the language option
- 5 in the Avant Placement test must take SPAN 300-level and above.
For questions, contact the Chair of the World Languages Department.