International Business Major
College of Business – Department of Management and Business & Information Technology
Bachelor of Science (B.S.) with major in International Business
As the global economy continues to expand, the demand for international business education is higher than ever and expected to increase. As a specialist who understands the diversity of international business – and is prepared with a strong business background – an international business major is positioned to be a valuable participant in global business ventures.
The General Education Requirement
All students must satisfy a general education requirement consisting of eleven (11) courses outside of the major department. The General Education Domain III-C (Global Competency, Ethical Reasoning, and/or Human Diversity) requirement is satisfied through the completion of major in International Business.
Courses may have specified conditions for enrollment, such as prior completion of less advanced courses, permission of the instructor, or appropriate placement test scores. Students should refer to course descriptions in the department listings for prerequisite requirements.
- ACCT 220 Introduction to Financial Accounting
- ACCT 221 Introduction to Managerial Accounting
- BUIS 200 Introduction to Business Systems
- ECON 101 Principles of Macroeconomics (Gen. Ed. Domain III-C)
- ECON 102 Principles of Microeconomics (Gen. Ed. Domain III-B)
- FINA 248 Managerial Finance
- MATH 107 Business Statistics (Gen. Ed. Domain II-A)
- MATH 217 Business Calculus (Gen. Ed. Domain II-A)
- MGMT 215 Legal Environment of Business
- MGMT 280 Organizational Behavior
- MGMT 372 Operations Management
- MRKT 181 Marketing Principles
Required One (1) Capstone Course:
- FINA 357 Multinational Finance
- MGMT 308 Managing Across Cultures
- MGMT 323 Globalization of Business
- MGMT 412 International Business
- MRKT 318 International Marketing
A minor in a language, economics, finance, or marketing is recommended.