Ram Graduation Walk
An in-person experience for the Class of 2020 and the Class of 2021, beyond our virtual commencement ceremonies.
Framingham State University is creating an in-person experience for students to celebrate the completion of their degrees. In addition to the virtual commencement ceremonies that we are producing to honor all members of the Class of 2020 and Class of 2021, the Ram Graduation Walk will be a fun opportunity for those who want to share an in-person experience with family and friends after the conclusion of your studies.
The event will be held in the Dwight Hall Performing Arts Center between June 2 and June 5, 2021. This is an optional event, created for those who are seeking a face-to-face celebration beyond the virtual ceremonies that premiered on Sunday, May 23rd.
At the Ram Graduation Walk:
- Each participating graduate and up to six guests (a child of any age counts as 1 guest) will be escorted into the Dwight Hall Performing Arts Center.
- Inside, the graduate’s name will be called, they will cross the stage, and move their tassel while their guests cheer them on. A professional photographer will capture the moment.
- Wear your cap and gown, or go casual. It's your choice! Academic regalia is currently available for purchase in the Campus Store during normal business hours.
- Our beautiful campus will be available to students and families to take their own photographs outdoors, but state regulations require that everyone wear a mask or appropriate face covering at all times.
Because we need to remain in compliance with health and safety guidelines, all graduates and guests participating in the Graduation Walk must register in advance, and only those who have registered may attend. We will have volunteers in place to make sure the event is run in accordance with all public health directives, while still making sure this is a fun and uplifting moment for the members of the Class of 2020 and Class 2021 who wish to participate.
Register Here for a specific time slot. (The deadline to register is May 26, 2021). To accommodate as many of our graduates and guests as possible, we will be scheduling for the following dates and times:
- Wednesday, June 2 from 1:00 - 8:00 p.m.
- Thursday, June 3 from 1:00 - 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, June 5 from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
And remember, ALL members of the Class of 2020 & 2021 were recognized in our virtual commencement ceremonies on May 23rd:
COVID Safety Guidelines
In accordance with the University's COVID-19 Safety Standards and guidelines, graduates and guests must attest at the time of registration, and affirm that they will NOT attend the Ram Graduation Walk if:
- They are currently experiencing, or have experienced in the last 48 hours, any symptoms such as fever (100.0° and above) or chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, fatigue, headache, muscle/body aches, runny nose/congestion, new loss of taste or smell, or nausea, vomiting or diarrhea.
- They have had “close contact” with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19 and have not completed the required quarantine period. “Close contact” means living in the same household as a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, caring for a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, being within 6 feet of a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 for 15 minutes or more, or coming in direct contact with secretions (e.g., sharing utensils, being coughed on) from a person who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- They are currently required to self-isolate or quarantine by their doctor or a local public health official.
All members of each party will be screened with the University COVID symptom checker upon arrival to campus, and will be denied entry if they do not pass the screening.
Graduates and guests will be required to disclose to the University, if they test positive for COVID-19, in 48 hours following the Graduation Walk for purposes of cleaning/disinfecting and contact tracing.
Frequently Asked Questions
Each graduating student may have up to six guests present during their assigned time to witness this important moment in their life. All graduates and guests participating in the Graduation Walk must register in advance, and only those who have registered may attend. A child of any age counts as 1 person.
This is not a full commencement ceremony, with no speaking portions so each group finishes in less than approximately thirty minutes from check in and registration to walking across the stage. Additional time may be spent afterwards taking photos around campus and outdoors at your leisure.
Diplomas are mailed about six to eight business weeks after the semester ends.
Graduation is recorded after the semester is completed, all grades have been received, and the degree audit of each expected graduate is reviewed to confirm requirements have been satisfied. Diplomas are not distributed at commencement or any other graduation event. Participation in the commencement ceremony does not confirm graduation.
Please be advised that out of an abundance of caution, and despite the Governor’s recent announcement, the University will maintain all of our current COVID19 restrictions through the Ram Graduation Walk. That means regardless of whether or not you have been fully vaccinated, you and your guests should continue to social distance at the event and wear your face coverings indoors and outdoors while on campus. Graduates only will be allowed to remove their face coverings at designated photograph locations and as they are crossing the stage.
Handicapped accessible parking spaces will be available in the Administrative Lot (A-Zone) next to the Gym. Legal placards will be required to enter this lot. Upper campus lots available for general student and guest parking include:
Normal Hill Parking Lot and Garage
McCarthy Center Lot
Church Street Lot
Maynard Road Lot
Adams Road Lot
Salem End Lot
To view available parking lots please see our campus map: https://www.framingham.edu/about-fsu/map
• The Oak Hall Cap & Gown website, https://framingham.shopoakhalli.com, is open for ship-to-home orders through April 23rd.
• Regalia will also be available for purchase in the University Campus Store beginning on March 8, 2021. There are NO shipping and handling charges if you purchase your regalia in the Campus Store. Please visit their website, https://www.bkstr.com/framinghamstatestore/store-hours for store hours. They will also be open special store hours the week of the Graduation Walk:
- Wednesday and Thursday, June 2 & 3: 10am – 8pm
- Friday, June 4: 9:30am – 3pm
- Saturday, June 5: 8:30am - 4pm
If you or any of your guests have a disability and require accommodations to fully participate in this activity, please contact: Susan Romani in the Office of Campus Events at Sromani@framingham.edu.
If you find the need to cancel or change the time slot you signed up for, please return to the confirmation email you were originally sent from Sign Up Genius (check your SPAM folder). You will be redirected back to the sign up and will see a link to "change your sign up" near the top of the page. Then you can either cancel or select another open and available slot. The deadline for selecting or editing a time slot is May 26, 2021.
If you have successfully registered for a time slot and received a confirmation email from Sign Up Genius (check your SPAM folder), you will be receiving an email from the University on Monday, May 24th with a second link to then register your guests. The email will be coming from Katie Hebert at email@example.com. The deadline to register your guests is May 31, 2021.