Undergraduate Commencement Event Information
Baccalaureate Degree Ceremony
Date: Sunday, May 20, 2018
Location: DCU Center Arena (50 Foster St, Worcester, MA 01608)
Time: Procession begins at 9:30AM, ceremony begins at 10:00AM
Commencement Speaker: Yvonne Spicer, Mayor of Framingham
The DCU Center does not own or operate parking facilities but there are several garages and flat lots located within walking distance of the Arena and Convention Center. Below is a list of those closest for your convenience:
- Mercantile Center Garage: 201 Commercial St.
- Major Taylor Blvd. Municipal Garage: 30 Major Taylor Blvd.
- Dwight Foster Parking: 27 Waldo St.
- Exchange Street Parking: 10 Exchange St.
- First American Realty Parking: 100 MLK Jr. Blvd. (formerly Central St.)
- Pearl-Elm Municipal Garage: 20 Pearl St.
- Worcester Common Garage: Eaton Place
Parking prices vary depending upon the event and time spent in garage.
Ample amounts of handicapped accessible parking spaces are located around the facility at designated areas. Legal placards are required to park in these spaces.
Entering the DCU Center
All guests must enter the DCU Center through the main entrance at the intersection of Major Taylor Blvd and Foster Street.
8:00AM Doors will open to the DCU Center Arena
9:30AM Procession begins
10:00AM Baccalaureate Degree Commencement Ceremony begins (approximately 2 1/2 hours long)
To ensure the safety and comfort of all guests attending events at the DCU Center, event attendees may be subject to a search upon entering the facility. Please note that guests with prohibited articles will be turned away at the entrances.
- Any bags measuring greater than 14" X 16" will NOT be permitted into the arena. Diaper bags will be allowed and will be searched.
- Firearms, explosives, pepper spray, or other weapons.
- Thermoses, coolers, or other liquid containers except in cases of medical need, as certified by a physician.
- Helium balloons, laser pens, artificial noisemakers, air horns, or megaphones.
- Large signs, flags, poles, banners, or laser pointers.
- Promotional items with commercial slogans or identifications.
- Outside food and beverages are not allowed into the Arena or Convention Center.
- Alcoholic beverages, drugs, or illegal substances.
- Non-service animals.
- Backpacks, knapsacks, luggage, parcels, briefcases, tablets and like articles.
With the exception of seats that are reserved for participating faculty, alumni, graduates, and special guests of the University all seating will be considered open.
If you have a guest in a wheelchair or with specific needs that require seating considerations, he/she can opt to sit in accessible seating areas as designated by the DCU Center. One family member will be allowed to accompany that individual in the accessible seating area, in order to maximize seating opportunities for all guests and attendees. American Sign Language interpreters will be visible in all locations from projection monitors.
During the ceremony, access to the stage area for picture taking or video taping by guests will be prohibited. A professional photographer will take an individual photo of each graduate and another one as they shake hands with the President of the University. They will receive a secure link to view their photos via email within 48-72 hours and also be mailed a paper copy of their proofs on an order form via US mail. The university will instruct graduates as to where to provide information to ensure they receive their proofs. Please note, everyone will be photographed and there is absolutely no obligation to purchase.