Graduate Certificate in Fundamentals for Biotechnology
The Graduate Certificate in the Fundamentals for Biotechnology offers life science or relevant professionals foundational knowledge in the basic operation of the biotech industry and may be earned separately or as part of the Professional Science Master's (PSM) program in Biotechnology. The certificate consists of three courses that combine training in biotech operation, regulatory affairs, and scientific applications to provide a foundation for successful entry and continuous learning within a biopharmaceutical organization.
Upon completion of the Graduate Certificate in Fundamentals of Biotechnology, students will
- Summarize the overview of the drug product development process, through an understanding of the key stages and importance of regulatory
- Apply the principles of Quality Systems Requirements in product quality assurance and quality control within a regulatory
- Design and evaluate data acquisition in product discovery and development with the knowledge of statistical requirements and
- Analyze fundamental knowledge about biotechnology and related sub-disciplines within the
The certificate program is open to individuals who have earned a baccalaureate degree in any field from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Submit a completed Graduate Certificate Application
- Have earned a baccalaureate degree in life sciences or relevant discipline from a regionally-accredited college or university and have final GPA of 2.50 or
- Submit official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate
- Submit a Statement of Purpose which includes the applicant's professional
For further information about the Graduate Certificate in Fundamentals of Biotechnology, please contact the Office of Graduate Admissions at 508-626-4501.
No transfer credit is permitted in this certificate program.
Certificate Course Requirements (3):
To be awarded the Graduate Certificate in Fundamentals of Biotechnology, students must complete the following three (3) courses with a grade of “B-” (2.70) or better:
- BIOT 903 Drug Development: Process and Regulations
- BIOT 908 Quality Assurance and Quality Control for Biotechnology and Biopharmaceuticals
- MATH 924 Data Analyses and Statistical Concepts in Biotechnology
Effective as of the 2019-2020 Graduate Catalog