Graduate Certificate in Merchandising (Online)
The Graduate Certificate in Merchandising is offered through the Department of Fashion Design and Retailing. The certificate provides specialization for retail managers, merchandisers, fashion designers, educators, and those interested in the industry who already have completed an undergraduate program.
All courses for this certificate are offered online.
The certificate is intended for individuals who are:
- Employed in the field and need to enhance their theory knowledge and practical skills in specific areas relevant to their present position or future responsibilities.
- Interested in studying merchandising but cannot commit to a long-term program of study or a master’s degree program.
Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college. Interested individuals with backgrounds in a range of disciplines, including apparel design and fashion merchandising are welcome to apply.
No transfer credit is allowed in this certificate program.
Undergraduate Prerequisite Course
*or experience in retailing
Curriculum Requirements (5):
- FASH 916 Fashion and Retail Theory
- FASH 927 Research Methods in Merchandising
- FASH 936 Retailing and Consumerism
- FASH 947 Global Market: Dynamics of Retailing
- FASH 980 Retail Strategies and Merchandise Management
This certificate requires courses to be taken in a particular sequence with FASH 916 Fashion and Retail Theory and FASH 927 Research Methods in Merchandising as prerequisites for FASH 936 Retailing and Consumerism and FASH 947 Global Markets: Dynamics of Retailing. The Certificate is completed with the capstone course, FASH 980 Retail Strategies and Merchandise Management.