Upon completion of the program, the successful participant will be able to:
- Use language and engineering design tools to create a safe learning environment that encourages inquiry and intellectual risk-taking in all areas of learning.
- Match instructional technologies to student needs in ways that facilitate individual learning, promote substantive problem solving by individuals and teams, and blur the boundaries around the school day.
- Make a sophisticated array of math and science concepts accessible to a diverse group of young children through relevant experiences that model the way scientists and mathematicians work.
- Assess the success of lessons and units, with respect to student learning, and re-design lessons that are unsuccessful.
- Integrate STEM content into other areas of study – particularly language arts, arts, and Social Studies – as self-contained teachers of all subjects, as specialists, or as members of grade level teaching teams.