The Curriculum Library Handbook will provide much of the information you will need to access the Curriculum Library collections.
Some of the best resources you'll find for teaching and learning are the Subject Guides (or LibGuides) created by the Whittemore Librarians. These three LibGuides are particularly useful for studies in Education:
- Education and Curriculum
- Common Core State Standards
- Children's and YA Literature
- SEI and ELL Instruction
- STEM Educator Resources
- Lesson Planning, Curriculum Standards and Curriculum Development
- Social Studies, Fine Arts
- Secondary Education
Curriculum Library collection of Bibliographies by curriculum area:
- Math Education
- Science Education
- English Language Arts Education
- Social Studies Education
- Early Childhood
- Children's Literature
We are continually creating lists of books and materials from our collections that are based on themes. If you have a theme around which you would like us to make a bibliography, please contact us.
Your idea here!!
Social Studies Resources
- USGS Resources for Secondary Education (grades 7-12)
- HotChalk Lesson Plans – Search by subject and grade level for lessons created by teachers for teachers
- Discovery Education – Free lesson plans for grades 9-12
- National Center for History in the Schools, General History Resources - Treasure-trove of online resources for History educators.
- National Council for the Social Studies: Social Studies Related Resources - this link takes you to a list of websites connected to Social Studies, and the main NCSS page provides many more resources.
Other Useful Educational Sites (top of page)
Mass Moments -The Massachusetts Foundation for the Humanities (Mass Humanities) launched the Mass Moments project—an electronic almanac of Massachusetts history—on January 1, 2005. Not only does this site provide a new topic of Massachusetts history every day, but it also includes suggestions for teachers who may want to create lessons around entries. A great resource for writing prompts!
The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art - Click on the resources tab to find book lists and teaching tips from the education department of the wonderful Eric Carle Museum. There is a link to learn about Eric Carle's life, a great resource for author studies on Carle. This site is fun to explore with or without children. And go to the museum!
Educational Technology for the Classroom (all FREE!)
Kathy Schrock's Guide to Everything - Kathy Schrock is the instructional technology guru for many educators. Her virtuosity in the realm of online learning is boundless. If you need help with anything related to this topic, you will find it here.