Career Services and Employer Relations
Career Services and Employer Relations Mission
As a member of the Student Affairs team, our office provides a welcoming and supportive environment to assist our diverse students and alumni with important career needs. We offer assistance in finding a good career fit for your unique values, skills, interests, and personality through career exploration assessments, career counseling, resume and cover letter development, interview preparation, and job/internship search techniques. We assist you in considering the next step in your career– choosing a major, exploring internships and other experiential activities, part-time and full-time positions, and graduate school.
The Career Services and Employer Relations team is here to help make connections between students/alumni and employers. In the 2016-17 academic year we hosted over 500 employer partners at over 200 career-related events. We are dedicated to providing all of our internship & job seekers, as well as our network of employers, with a high level of service and assistance.
Our staff assists with (click on each category to view suggested pre-preparation for your scheduled appointment):
- the job and internship search
- editing resumes and cover letters
- conducting mock interviews
- advising on choosing a major/minor
- applying to graduate schools
- counseling on potential careers and more!
If you would like to make an appointment with a career counselor please stop by our office located in the McCarthy Center, room 412, or call us at 508-626-4625.
Amazon Career Day & On Campus Interviews
Monday, November 20, 9:00 am - 2:30 pm in the McCarthy Center Forum
Info session and on the spot interviews with Amazon for diverse positions. All majors welcome!
For more information about what jobs are available click here.
Got winter break plans? Participate in an employer site visit through EACE’s Road Trips to the Real World!
Participate in EACE’s Road Trips to the Real World! Road Trips offers college students the opportunity to attend employer site visits for ONE DAY between January 3 - 12, 2018. Host companies will talk about their organization, industry, internships, and job opportunities. This event is open to students of all class years. This is your chance to get the inside scoop and literally get your foot in the door at over 30 participating employers…BUT space is limited and spots fill up VERY quickly, so register now! The registration deadline is Friday, December 1, 2017. Register at www.EACE.org/2018roadtrips.
At each site, you will get an in-depth look at how the company operates and see firsthand the potential internships and jobs that are available. You will also network with employers and get a head start on your career planning. This is an opportunity you do not want to miss!
This year's sites include:
- Arbella Insurance Group: Quincy, MA
- Boston Mutual Life Insurance Company: Canton, MA
- Eastern Bank: Lynn, MA
- John Galt Staffing: Burlington, MA
- SAP: Boston, MA
- Talbots: Hingham, MA
- The May Institute: Randolph, MA
We are excited to provide you with CareerSpots videos!
A fun, fast way to get job search advice and information on over six-hundred career and occupational fields from over fifty global professionals in thirty-seconds to three minutes!
Find tips and answers to your toughest questions about landing a job or internship that's right for you.
Wednesday, November 15, 3:00pm - 5:00pm
Suitable Solutions Fittings: Day 1
Wednesday, November 16, 3:00pm - 5:00pm
Suitable Solutions Fittings: Day 2
Thursday, December 7, 5:15 pm- 7:00 pm
Suitable Solutions Mocktail Mixer Networking Event
Office of Career Services & Employer Relations
McCarthy Center Room 412
Mondays, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tuesdays, 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.*
Wednesdays, 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.*
Thursdays, 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.*
Fridays, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
* during academic year
Our Value Statement
- As an integral part of Framingham State University, we are committed to providing professional and comprehensive services to our students, alumni and employer partners.
- We will strive to build and promote mutual respect and teamwork within the office, the Enrollment and Student Development Division and in the University community.
- By providing individualized services, and utilizing web-based career search technology, we help students and alumni reach their career development goals, while being accessible from any location worldwide.
- We take pride in our services and will design and deliver resources that support lifelong career-related goals.