Career Services and Employer Relations
Career Services and Employer Relations Welcomes You!
Our office continues to serve the diverse needs of our students, alumni, and our employer partners. We are available in-person and virtually. Office hours are Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. We are also available on Tuesday evenings, 5 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. for remote-only meetings. Please refer to FSU's main page for general information and COVID updates.
Some of our Services Include:
- Guidance with finding a good career fit through skills and personality inventories, and career conversations, and experiential learning (e.g. internships, co-ops and microinternships)
- Help implementing the job/internship search through resume and cover letter development, interview preparation, on and off-campus job searches, and learning about our job listing system/database, Handshake
- Providing information on choosing a major, full-time positions, service programs and graduate schools
- In-person and virtual one-on-one career advising and consultation to help you with your career needs
- Web-based tools to help identify a good career fit
- Advice on how to network and market your skills and experiences to employers
- Help with developing your soft skills (leadership, initiative, teamwork, etc.) throughout your college experience
Make an Appointment
Please use Starfish to schedule in-personal or virtual career counseling appointments for current students. If you have any issues feel free to give us a call. Alumni, please call the CSER office at 508-626-4625 to schedule an appointment.
How to Use Starfish
- Login to starfish.framingham.edu using your FSU credentials.
- Scroll down until you see '10. Career Services and Employer Relations'
- Click the title. From the page that brings you to, you can click 'Schedule an Appointment' on the left or schedule an appointment with a specific member of our staff on the right.
As an office within Student Development at Framingham State University, the Career Services and Employer Relations strives to:
- Provide a welcoming, supportive, and inclusive environment to assist our diverse students and alumni with important career, professional, and leadership skills needed to prepare them for productive lives as responsible local and global citizens and leaders.
- Utilize a variety of in person and online methods to assist our users in finding a good career fit for their unique values, skills, interests, and personality through career exploration assessments, career counseling, resume and cover letter development, interview preparation, and job/internship search techniques.
- Assist students and alumni in exploring various career goals, such as, choosing a major, searching for internships and other experiential activities, part-time, and full-time positions, and/or considering graduate school.
- Collaborate with the on- and off-campus community to provide networking opportunities to make connections between students/alumni and employers by hosting a diverse variety of career-related activities to assist students augment in class learning with out-of-class experiential learning to reach career goals.
Our Value Statement
- As an integral part of Framingham State University, we are committed to providing professional and comprehensive services to our students, alumni and employer partners.
- We will strive to build and promote mutual respect and teamwork within the office, the Enrollment and Student Development Division and in the University community.
- By providing individualized services, and utilizing web-based career search technology, we help students and alumni reach their career development goals, while being accessible from any location worldwide.
- We take pride in our services and will design and deliver resources that support lifelong career-related goals.
Wednesday, September 29, 2021, 12-2pm
Engagement Day Fair, Athletic Center
Great opportunity to find an on or off-campus job with one of our many local retailers, businesses, or non-profits, or on campus offices! This event is also a fantastic opportunity to learn more about campus organizations, and getting involved both on and off campus. Representatives from over 50 on and off-campus businesses and organizations will be looking for YOU!
Tuesday, October 26, 2021, 11:30am-1:00pm
The 16th Annual Major/Minor Fair
Having difficulty choosing a major or a minor? Visit academic tables, Career Services, and Office of International Programs – Study Abroad & International Students and Scholars. Ask questions about classes and skills needed for the major/minor you are considering, and how graduate school and internships play a role.
Office of Career Services & Employer Relations
McCarthy Center Room 412
In-Person and Virtual/Remote Office Hours:
Mondays, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tuesdays, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. (remote only after 5 p.m.)
Wednesdays, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Thursdays, 9:00 a.m. -5:00 p.m.
Fridays, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.