Career Services and Employer Relations
Career Services and Employer Relations Welcomes You!
Our office will continue to serve the diverse needs of our students, alumni, and our employer partners. Although our office is open, we are limiting our contact with office guests. Please virtually connect with us through phone, online, and video conferencing. Office hours are Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Please refer to FSU's main page for general information and COVID updates.
Some of our Services Include:
- Effectively navigating your career in a virtual career world
- Guidance with finding a good career fit (through skills and personality inventories and career counseling)
- Help implementing the job/internship search through resume and cover letter development, interview preparation, on and off-campus job searches, and learning about our job listing system/database, Handshake
- Providing information on choosing a major, full-time positions, service programs and graduate schools
- Virtual one-on-one advising and consultation to help you with your career needs
- Pair you with a mentor from our alumni and employer partners through RamLink
- Numerous and varied resources including printed handouts and Web-based tools to help identify a good career fit
- Advice on how to network and market your skills and experiences to employers
- Help with developing your soft skills (leadership, initiative, teamwork, etc.) throughout your college experience
Make an Appointment
Please use Starfish to schedule virtual career counseling appointments for current students. If you have any issues feel free to give us a call. Alumni, please call the CSER office at 508-626-4625 to schedule an appointment.
How to Use Starfish
- Login to starfish.framingham.edu using your FSU credentials.
- Scroll down until you see '10. Career Services and Employer Relations'
- Click the title. From the page that brings you to, you can click 'Schedule an Appointment' on the left or schedule an appointment with a specific member of our staff on the right.
As an office within Student Development at Framingham State University, the Career Services and Employer Relations strives to:
- Provide a welcoming, supportive, and inclusive environment to assist our diverse students and alumni with important career, professional, and leadership skills needed to prepare them for productive lives as responsible local and global citizens and leaders.
- Utilize a variety of in person and online methods to assist our users in finding a good career fit for their unique values, skills, interests, and personality through career exploration assessments, career counseling, resume and cover letter development, interview preparation, and job/internship search techniques.
- Assist students and alumni in exploring various career goals, such as, choosing a major, searching for internships and other experiential activities, part-time, and full-time positions, and/or considering graduate school.
- Collaborate with the on- and off-campus community to provide networking opportunities to make connections between students/alumni and employers by hosting a diverse variety of career-related activities to assist students augment in class learning with out-of-class experiential learning to reach career goals.
Our Value Statement
- As an integral part of Framingham State University, we are committed to providing professional and comprehensive services to our students, alumni and employer partners.
- We will strive to build and promote mutual respect and teamwork within the office, the Enrollment and Student Development Division and in the University community.
- By providing individualized services, and utilizing web-based career search technology, we help students and alumni reach their career development goals, while being accessible from any location worldwide.
- We take pride in our services and will design and deliver resources that support lifelong career-related goals.
Check Back Soon!
Check back soon for our Fall 2021 events both in person and virtual!
Office of Career Services & Employer Relations
McCarthy Center Room 412
Virtual/Remote Office Hours:
Mondays, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tuesdays, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Wednesdays, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Thursdays, 9:00 a.m. -5:00 p.m.
Fridays, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.