Handshake has replaced RAMTRACK as FSU’s primary job search board. With HANDSHAKE, students and alumni can apply to various job and internship opportunities both on and off-campus. Below you will find some helpful tips that can help with your sign up:
Why is HANDSHAKE so amazing for students and alumni?
- Students and alumni will have access to hundreds of full-time & part-time jobs, volunteer positions, and internship opportunities.
- Resumes, cover letters, and other documents can be uploaded directly your Handshake profile for an easy application process.
- Students and alumni will be able to connect with employers across the U.S. and even worldwide.
- Students and alumni can register for career fairs and other on-campus events using your Handshake profile
- It’s free for all FSU students and alumni!
For Undergraduate and Graduate Students:
- Visit https://framingham.joinhandshake.com/.
- Select “Framingham State University” as your school.
- Enter your Framingham State email address (@student.framingham.edu).
- If prompted to enter a password, use your FSU password. If prompted to create a password, create a new password.
- Follow any on screen instructions.
- You may need to verify your email address in your email inbox.
- Congrats - you’ve signed up for Handshake! Questions about signing up can be found here https://support.joinhandshake.com/hc/en-us.
- For additional questions email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 508-626-4625.
- Please read student eligibility guidelines for on-campus employment here: https://www.framingham.edu/Assets/uploads/about-fsu/human-resources/_documents/student-employment-acknowledgement-form.pdf
- Visit our link https://framingham.joinhandshake.com/.
- Select “Framingham State University” as your school.
- Enter your email address (can be a non-FSU email for alumni).
- Please e-mail email@example.com with your name and year of FSU graduation to verify your alumni status.
- Questions about signing up can be found here https://support.joinhandshake.com/hc/en-us.
- If you are having trouble, please call 508-626-4625 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Employers (Off-Campus):
- Visit https://app.joinhandshake.com/register and click “Employer”.
- Fill out the required fields.
- Agree to the Handshake Employer guidelines. Please read through them, as they contain important information about posting jobs and networking with students.
- Confirm your email address in your inbox. (If you do not receive the confirmation email, 1) check your spam folder, 2) contact your IT department to ensure Handshake emails are not being denied by your company's server, or 3) add email@example.com to your address book).
- Sign in with the email and password combination you created.
- If you know your company is already in Handshake, search for it. Otherwise, click the BLUE button that says “Create New Company.”
- Fill in relevant company information under “start your company profile”. Be as detailed as possible, as students will want to know as much as they can about your company.
- After your company is created, search for “Framingham State” and click the plus sign to connect with our page.
- If you have any questions, visit Handshake’s Help Center for more information and how-to guides.
- For all internship postings, please abide by the FSU Internship Policy here.
- For all political postings for internships, fellowships, and other opportunities that are political in nature and posted on the Handshake site are for student informational purposes and should not be considered an endorsement of any political party, candidate, or special interest group. All internships should be approved by your academic department.
For FSU Employers (On-Campus):
- Visit https://app.joinhandshake.com/register and click “Employer”
- Important: Even though you are an on-campus employer, you will still click “create new company.” Later in the sign-up process, you will be able to connect with Framingham State.
- The name of “your company” should always be Framingham State University + the name of your department at FSU (example: “Framingham State University Career Services and Employer Relations”).
- The name of “your job listing” should always be Framingham State University + the name of your department at FSU + the job title (example: “Framingham State University Career Services and Employer Relations Office Assistant - Federal Work Study Applicants Only”).
- If you have any questions, visit Handshake’s Help Center for more information and how-to guides.If you have any questions, visit Handshake’s Help Center for more information and how-to guides.
- If you would like to recruit at additional universities in the region, state, or nationally you can through Handshake. Please follow this link for step by step instructions: https://support.joinhandshake.com/hc/en-us/articles/219133047-How-do-I-create-a-user-account-and-join-an-existing-company-
- Please read student eligibility guidelines for on-campus employment: https://www.framingham.edu/Assets/uploads/about-fsu/human-resources/_documents/student-employment-acknowledgement-form.pdf
For all employers:
If you accidentally added the wrong company and need to go back and add the right one, here is a link to Handshake’s Help Guide which can help explain this. If you are still having difficulties, please visit the Handshake Help Center for training videos, helpful guides, or to submit a help ticket for Handshake to help on their end.
Quick Links and Help Guides
FSU Handshake Student User Acknowledgement
FSU Handshake is a career services system for Framingham State University students and alumni that can be used for seeking employment. All users of FSU Handshake agree to:
- Provide accurate information about their qualifications, work authorization, and educational background in FSU Handshake, including in their online profile, resume, and any supplemental job-search documents they upload to the system.
- Understand that furnishing false information is a violation of conduct standards and may result in being blocked from using FSU Handshake.
- Refrain from posting material that is inappropriate for professional settings in the system.
- Keep their login credentials confidential and notify the Career Services and Employer Relations office immediately of any unauthorized use of their FSU Handshake account.
- Authorize the Career Services and Employer Relations office to release their resume to employers via FSU Handshake when they have opted to publicly display their profile and actively submitted their resume to an application process.
STUDENTS/ALUMNI please ensure that if you do not want to share information with employers MAKE your profile PRIVATE.
If you choose to make your profile public, depending on the contents of your profile and uploaded documents, your personal information, such as name, address, telephone number, major field of study, participation in officially recognized activities and sports, dates of attendance, degrees and awards received, GPA and most recent previous educational institution attended may be shared with employers.
FSU’s Handshake Disclaimer: Fraudulent Postings
The Career Services and Employer Relations department monitors FSU Handshake employers and job postings, but cannot screen deeply every individual employer or job posting due to the large volume of postings. The Career Services and Employer Relations department, its staff, the FSU System, and the state of Massachusetts assume no liability for the accuracy of information provided in job listings and do not represent or act on behalf of the hiring authority. Users are urged to validate job postings and use caution when applying.
Please read our information regarding job scams and fraudulent postings here: https://www.framingham.edu/the-fsu-difference/career-services/how-to-avoid-job-scams/index.html
Students who believe an employer has misrepresented themselves or their organization, violated non-discrimination or harassment laws, posted an illegally/unethically structured position, or generally not complied with Career Center employer policies should contact Career Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate an investigation.