Calling all alumni! Join us for several fun and exciting events during Homecoming & Family Weekend, including:
- A football alumni meetup at the Framingham Elks!
- Our annual Alumni End Zone event
- The Alumni Achievement Award for Inclusive Excellence
- Live music, free food
- And more!
Click on the Learn More button for details and to register for events.
Two athletic teams will see action during Homecoming & Family Weekend - come cheer them on and show off your Ram Pride!
Saturday, September 23
- Football vs. Westfield State, Noon, Bowditch Field
- Women's Soccer vs. Salem State, 2 p.m., Maple Field
Student & Family Events
Student & Family Events
There will be events for students and families throughout Homecoming & Family Weekend, including:
Friday, September 22
- Lawn Games: 2:30 p.m., Crocker Grove. Kickoff the weekend with some lawn games outdoors on beautiful Crocker Grove!
- The Bruce Mattson Band: 4:30pm-6pm, McCarthy Center Patio. Don't miss a great musical performance from the Bruce Mattson Band! Featuring a free food truck!
- Honors Program Reception: 4:30 p.m., Honors House. Check out the Honors House and meet with other members and families of the program. Register Here: https://framingham.campusesp.com/events/event-188/login
- Welcome from President Niemi: 5 p.m., DPAC. Join President Niemi for a special welcoming reception for students, families & friends.
- Family & Friends Reception: 5:30pm-7pm, Hemenway Labs Atrium. Join Family Engagement and the Dean of Students office for a social event to connect with other family members and kick off the weekend. Light refreshments will be served.
- Casino Night: 7:30pm-10:30pm, McCarthy Center Forum. Popular casino games will be setup throughout the Forum. Test your luck for the chance to win prizes!
- Suit Jacket Posse: 7:30 p.m. in DPAC. Take in a performance from FSU's talented and hilarious improv group, the Suit Jacket Posse.
- Moonlight Breakfast: 9pm-11pm, our annual tradition of late-night breakfast welcomes all of our Rams! No registration and free of charge!
Saturday, September 23
- Creating Connections Among BIPOC Families & Students: 9:30 a.m., Center for Inclusive Excellence. Join us for the first session in the “Creating Connections Series," where Family Engagement collaborates with the Center for Inclusive Excellence to create a meaningful space for open dialogue. This series aims to engage families in discussions about supporting students from diverse backgrounds and various life experiences. Register Here: https://framingham.campusesp.com/events/event-191/login
- A Meeting of the Family Network: 10:30am-11:15am, McCarthy Center, Alumni Room or Virtual. An opportunity to learn about campus updates, share information about what to expect with your student during this time of year. This will be a great time to ask questions and connect with New Student and Family Programs and other family members and guests. This program will be live streamed and recorded. Register Here: https://framingham.campusesp.com/events/event-190/login
- fRAMily Fall Festival at Larned Beach: Noon to 2pm, featuring BBQ lunch, balloon artist, fall food favorites and lawn games!
- Classroom Experiences: 11:30am to 12:15pm, McCarthy Center. Experience what your students do in the classroom on a daily basis.
- Dr. McKenna's Not Your Grandmother's Solar System, McCarthy Center 415. Register at: https://framingham.campusesp.com/events/event-186/login
- Dr. Tohidinia "Understanding Consumer Behavior: The Art and Science of Marketing," McCarthy Center 417. Register at: https://framingham.campusesp.com/events/event-187/login
- Words of Wisdom: 3:30 p.m., Alumni Room, McCarthy Center. Wrap up a great weekend with some guidance and advice for students and families. Register at: https://framingham.campusesp.com/events/event-189/login
Homecoming and Family Weekend 2023
|Day||Time||Event Name||Location||Registration Required?|
|Lawn Games||Crocker Grove||No|
|Friday||4:30 PM - 6:00 PM||Bruce Mattson Band||McCarthy Center Patio||No|
|Friday||4:30 PM - 6:30 PM||Free Food Truck||State Street outside the McCarthy Center||No|
|Friday||4:30 - 6 PM||Honors Program Family Reception||Honors House||https://framingham.campusesp.com/events/event-188/login|
|Friday||5 PM||Welcome from the President||DPAC||No|
|Friday||5:30 PM - 7:00 PM||Family & Friends Reception||Hemenway Labs Atrium|
|Friday||7:30 PM - 10:30 PM||Casino Night||McCarthy Center|
|Friday||7:30 PM||Suite Jacket Posse||DPAC|
|Friday||9:00 PM - 11:00 PM||Moonlight Breakfast||Dining Commons|
|Saturday||9:30 AM||Creating Connections Among BIPOC Families & Students||Center for Inclusive Excellence|
|Saturday||10:30 AM - 11:15 AM||Family Network Meeting||Alumni Room in-person or Virtual|
|Saturday||11:00 AM to Halftime||Alumni End Zone||Bowditch Field|
|Saturday||11:30 AM - 12:15 PM||Classroom Experiences: Dr. McKenna "Not Your Grandmother's Solar System"||McCarthy Center Room 415|
|Saturday||11:30 AM - 12:15 PM||Classroom Experiences: Dr. Tohidinia "Understanding Consumer Behavior: The Art and Science of Marketing"||McCarthy Center Room 417|
|Saturday||Noon - 2:00 PM||fRAMily Fall Festival||Larned Beach|
|Saturday||12:00 PM||Football||Bowditch Field|
|Saturday||12:00 PM - 5:00 PM||Danforth Museum Open House||14 Vernon Street, Framingham|
|Saturday||2:00 PM||Football Alumni Meetup||Elks Club, Framingham|
|Saturday||2:00 PM||Women's Soccer||Maple Field|
|Saturday||3:30 PM||Words of Wisdom for Families||Alumni Room, McCarthy Center|