Career Development is available to assist undergraduate and graduate students, as well as alumni, and our employer partners.
In-Person and Remote Appointments:
Monday - Friday, 9:00am- 5:00pm
(Available Remotely only on Tuesdays from 5:00pm - 7:00pm)
Phone: 508-626-4625 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Some of our services include:
- Guidance with finding a good career fit through skills and interest inventories, career conversations, and experiential learning (e.g. internships, co-ops and micro internships)
- Help implementing the job/internship search through resume and cover letter development, interview preparation, on and off-campus job searches, and learning about our job listing system/database, Handshake
- Providing information on choosing a major, full-time positions, service programs and graduate schools
- In-person and virtual one-on-one career advising and consultation to help you with your career needs
- Web-based tools to help identify a good career fit
- Advice on how to network and market your skills and experiences to employers
- Help with developing your soft skills (leadership, initiative, teamwork, etc.) throughout your college experience
Make an Appointment
Please use Starfish to schedule in-person or virtual career counseling appointments for current students. If you have any issues feel free to give us a call. Alumni, please call Career Development at 508-626-4625 to schedule an appointment.
How to Use Starfish
- Login to starfish.framingham.edu using your FSU credentials.
- Scroll down until you see '10. Career Development'
- Click the title. From the page that brings you to, you can click 'Schedule an Appointment' on the left or schedule an appointment with a specific member of our staff on the right.
On-Campus Student Hiring: Our office is here to assist on-campus offices with posting their students positions (Federal Work Study and Student Contractors-Interns and non Federal Work Study Student workers)
Career Development Resources
As an office within The Center for Student Experience and Career Development at Framingham State University, the Career Development office strives to:
- Provide a welcoming, supportive, and inclusive environment to assist our diverse students and alumni with important career, professional, and leadership skills needed to prepare them for productive lives as responsible local and global citizens and leaders.
- Utilize a variety of in person and online methods to assist our users in finding a good career fit for their unique values, skills, interests, and personality through career exploration assessments, career counseling, resume and cover letter development, interview preparation, and job/internship search techniques.
- Assist students and alumni in exploring various career goals, such as, choosing a major, searching for internships and other experiential activities, part-time, and full-time positions, and/or considering graduate school.
- Collaborate with the on- and off-campus community to provide networking opportunities to make connections between students/alumni and employers by hosting a diverse variety of career-related activities to assist students augment in class learning with out-of-class experiential learning to reach career goals.
Our Value Statement
- As an integral part of Framingham State University, we are committed to providing professional and comprehensive services to our students, alumni and employer partners.
- We will strive to build and promote mutual respect and teamwork within the office.
- By providing individualized services, and utilizing web-based career search technology, we help students and alumni reach their career development goals, while being accessible from any location worldwide.
- We take pride in our services and will design and deliver resources that support lifelong career-related goals.
Thurday, March 30th, 2023
Spring 23' Career & Internship Fair
Students from ALL majors and class years are encouraged to attend. Participating organizations are hiring for internships, part-time, or full-time positions. See the full list of employers as well as their posted positions in Handshake. Come to this in-person fair with copies of your resume and be ready to make a great first impression as you learn about opportunities that will help you reach your goals. Meet with a career counselor prior to the fair to get ready.
McCarthy Center Room 412
In-Person and Remote Office Hours:
Monday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Tuesday: 9:00am - 5:00pm and (Remote 5:00pm - 7:00pm)
Wednesday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Thursday: 9:00am -5:00pm
Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Monday - Friday, from 9:00am - 5:00pm
Follow us on Social Media: