The Division of Diversity, Inclusion and Community Engagement provides leadership and support for University-wide diversity, inclusion and equity efforts. Under the leadership of the Vice President for Diversity, Inclusion, and Community Engagement, the Division advances a model for inclusive excellence through collaborative and sustainable partnerships with faculty, staff, students and the greater community.
The Division of Diversity, Inclusion and Community Engagement supports the mission of Framingham State University and leads efforts to cultivate a vibrant learning, living and working environment where individuals of differing cultures, perspectives, and experiences are welcomed, respected, valued and supported. This mission is accomplished through collaborative initiatives that promote equity, advocate social justice, and make excellence inclusive.
The Division of Diversity, Inclusion and Community Engagement will establish itself as a resource and center of expertise to help transform Framingham State University into an institution that aligns the pursuit of excellence with a commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity and social justice in every facet of the university.
In facilitating the transformation of Framingham State University into an institution that aligns excellence with the commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity and social justice, the Division of Diversity, Inclusion and Community Engagement is committed to:
- Pursuing degree attainment and academic excellence for all students.
- Institutionalizing inclusive excellence.
- Creating a climate that respects individual differences.
- Advocating for equity and social justice.
- Facilitating interculturalism.
- Seeking success through collective impact.
- Providing opportunities for community engagement.
- Achieving integrity in our work.
- Engaging in transparent processes and actions.
- Using data and demonstrating accountability through assessment.