Framingham State University welcomes International students who would like to further their education and careers with our full-time graduate programs.

The following programs are eligible for full-time study and an F1 student visa:

Deadlines for Admission

Students that are seeking an F-1 Student Visa, please view the Global Visa Wait Times website to better prepare for your future education. The estimated wait time to receive an interview appointment at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate can change weekly and is based on actual incoming workload and staffing.

Application and Material Deadlines: 
Fall (September start) Deadline: June 1
Spring (January start) Deadline: November 1

Enrollment Confirmation (Deposit) Deadlines:
Fall (September start) Deadline: July 1
Spring (January start) Deadline: December 1

C. Louis Cedrone International Education Program

If you are interested in studying at one of our locations abroad, please contact us at cedronecenter [at]  You can also learn more on the C. Louis Cedrone International Education Programs website.

International Student Application Requirements

Before you submit your application for admission, please be sure to review the Graduate International Student Checklist (PDF). Also, please view the program’s website as there may be additional admissions requirements listed.

  • Application for Graduate Admission
  • Non-refundable application fee of $50.00 USD
  • Letters of recommendation with cover forms (submitted through your online application). Please note: one letter of recommendation should come from a current or recent employer
  • Statement of Purpose/Essay Question Responses
  • Official transcripts from ALL college-level coursework completed
  • Official international transcript translation evaluation - for all institutions outside the U.S.A. (see below for more details) 
  • Language Proficiency Requirement. See below for full details. 
  • Resume (if required)
  • All documents for students seeking an F1 Student Visa

Language Proficiency Requirement

Those students whose native language is not English must provide sufficient proof of English proficiency by taking one of the following exams and achieving the approved minimum score within the 6 months prior to application submission:

English testing requirements may be waived, if the applicant has successfully completed at least two full academic years in a college/university where the primary instruction is in English or has successfully completed advanced coursework in the English Language Program (ELP) at Framingham State University or at a comparable, approved partner ESL program at the discretion of the FSU Director of International Recruitment and Director of English Language Programs and received an instructor’s or administrator’s letter of recommendation of readiness of English proficiency.

Official International Transcript Translation Evaluation Requirement 

Official transcripts from ALL college-level coursework must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency and translation, this includes associate’s degrees, bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees and doctoral degrees. Transcripts from outside of the United States need to be submitted for a course-by-course evaluation for equivalency. 

Framingham State University accepts evaluations from:

Please note that it may take 4 to 6 weeks to prepare.

Obtaining a Student Visa (F1)

Students who will need an F-1 student visa should contact the Office of International Education regarding their visa eligibility. Please do this as soon as you submit your application. The Office of International Education can advise you on immigration regulations and the process to obtain a F-1 Student Visa. If you have other specific questions, please feel free to contact Jane Decatur, Director, at jdecatur [at]

Required Documents for students seeking an F1 Student Visa

  • Copy of Current I-20 (for F1 Visa holders already in the US)
  • Certification of Finances
  • Bank Letter/Source of Funds Documentation
  • Waiver of Confidential Information optional (If the applicant wishes to authorize the University to communicate with other individuals (such as sponsor, friend, sibling, etc.) about the status of the application.)

Framingham State University is unable, under any circumstances, to provide financial aid to international students. In addition, the application fee will not be waived. Please note the Graduate International Student Fee per semester.

Transportation Around Framingham and Campus

Framingham State University offers a shuttle bus (Ram Tran), available Monday-Friday from 7:00am to 2:00am and Saturday-Sunday from 8:00am to 2:00am. The shuttle bus stop is located in front of Crocker Hall. It stops at Maple Street Lot, Maple Lot #1, Maple Lot #2, Union Avenue Lot, and then returns to upper campus. Depending on traffic flow, it takes approximately twenty minutes for the entire route.


Off Campus Housing

Framingham State University does not provide housing to graduate students. There are various ways to find off-campus housing around the Framingham area. To assist students in their search for off-campus housing or parking, the following information is available:

  • The Resident Life and Housing Office maintains postings received in off-campus housing and parking listing binder as an informational resource for students. The binder is available to students and FSU staff during normal business hours. View the Off-Campus Housing page for more details. 
  • There are sometimes postings regarding off-campus housing on bulletin boards or posted in other areas around campus.
  • You may consider monitoring local newspaper classifieds such as the Metrowest Daily News.
  • and are two websites that provide online searches for classifieds for homes, apartments, rooms, and roommates.
  • You may also consider utilizing a local realtor. The MA Association of Realtors offers information and consumer services including finding a realtor.
  • You can run checks of complaints on The Better Business Bureau website.
  • Finally, the website of the Attorney General of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts features an outstanding publication titled "The Attorney General's Consumer Guide to Tenants' Rights," which may answer any questions you have regarding a rental agreement.

Any information regarding off campus housing opportunities should be evaluated carefully before making a commitment. Information posted or shared at the university is done so for informational purposes only. The university does not evaluate nor imply the suitability or safety related to any off campus housing property, landlord, realtor, or any other person or organization associated with off campus housing.