Domestic Violence Unit
The Framingham State University Police Department has a fully trained domestic violence unit. This unit will help victims through the entire criminal judicial system and in obtaining a restraining order against the abuser. This unit works closely with the district court, the Framingham Police Department's domestic violence unit and several departments within the University that will assist victims through emotional crisis. If you feel you are a victim of domestic violence you may contact us at 508-626-4911. All reports are kept confidential.
Warning Signs of Domestic Abuse
An individual who is being battered may:
- Worry that there abuser will be jealous.
- Be afraid of there temper.
- Go along with just about anything they say or does.
- Avoid friends.
- Rarely seen with them in public.
- Have low self esteem.
- Constantly apologize for there behavior
- Allow them to make all the decisions.
- May drink or use drugs.
An individual who is battering there partner may:
- Be very jealous.
- Have a very bad temper.
- Have difficulty showing there feelings other than anger.
- Threaten to hurt them, themselves or any children involved with the partnership.
- Criticize and put them down, especially in front of others.
- Believe that others are not as good as them.
- Abuse pets.
- Control all the money.
- Drink heavily or use drugs, often insisting that there partner join them.
- Throw things at there partner, hit, shove, or kick them.
Important Contact Numbers
- Framingham State University Police Department Domestic Violence Unit: (508) 626-4911
- Framingham State University Counseling Center: (508) 626-4640
- Framingham State University Health Services: (508) 626-4900
- Middlesex County Domestic Violence Unit Advocate: (508) 872-4355
- Metro West Help Line: 508-620-2347
- Voices Against Violence: (800) 593-1125
Domestic Violence! It Can Happen! What You Need To Know!
If you would like further information or you would like to sponsor a domestic violence training program through our crime prevention unit contact Sergeant Karen Nicholas at 508-626-4911 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
Framingham State University ID Office
McCarthy Center (Access off Church Street)
100 State Street
P.O. Box 9101
Framingham, MA 01701-9101