Master of Education concentration Math Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the program, students will:
- Be able to analyze, assess, and develop logical arguments in a rigorous and logical manner.
- Have a deeper knowledge and understanding of the nature of mathematics, its history, and its impact on civilizations.
- Be able to recognize, explain, and discuss the patterns and connections between the mathematics studied in each course and the world we live in.
- Be able to model complex situations arising in the classroom in a variety of ways to create better understanding of the mathematics.
- Understand and appreciate the beauty, the structure, and the relationships underlying all areas of human endeavor arising from mathematics.
- Be able to identify and develop a research topic based upon their teaching experiences, their course work and their readings concerning the teaching of mathematics which will culminate in thoroughly researched theses.